Well, it’s Leo season again the most wonderful time of the year…for Leos, anyway. During Leo season so many greats can be celebrated – everyone from
to Tony/Oscar winner Barack Obama WNBA star Viola Davis, Sylar Diggins, and the newly minted Halle Berry Duchess of Sussex , the former Meghan Markle, are all born under the sign.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
But out of all the sign’s most popular celebs,
stands tall. She may have left this realm to sing for a greater authority but her legacy and memory are still very much alive. Whitney Houston
On her 55th birthday, here are five times Whitney proved in diva-dom, she stood supreme.
That time she owned the Star-Spangled Banner:
That time she wowed us with her triumphant “comeback” performance at the 2009 American Music Awards:
That time she was funny and relatable on ‘Oprah’
That time Whitney and Bobbi Kristina shared a stage:
That time Whitney won 8 American Music Awards and gave all the glory to God:
Bonus: All those times Whitney proved why she was called “The Voice”
Bonus: All those times Whitney was hilarious
Happy Birthday Whitney! May you rest in eternal peace.
Remembering Whitney: The Music Icon Through The Years
23 photos Launch gallery
1. Whitney Houston as a child with her mother Cissy Houston
1 of 23
2. Whitney Houston performing live in 1986
2 of 23
3. Whitney Houston 1986
3 of 23
4. Whitney Houston in 1987 at the Shrine Auditorium
4 of 23
5. Whitney Houston and dad John in Philadelphia 1980's.
5 of 23
6. Whitney Houston, Dion Warwick and Cissy Houston 1980's
6 of 23
7. Whitney Houston at the Grammy Awards in the 1990's
7 of 23
8. Whitney Houston at the American Music Awards in 1994
8 of 23
9. Whitney Houston at the Grammy's in the 1990's
9 of 23
10. Whitney Houston and then husband Bobby Brown in the 1990's
10 of 23
11. Whitney Houston mid 1990's
11 of 23
12. Whitney Houston with her mom Cicely Houston and music titan Clive Davis in 1998.
12 of 23
13. AMFAR Season of Hope Awards Winter Garden, NYC in 1998
13 of 23
14. The Brit. Awards London Arena 1999
14 of 23
15. Whitney Houston in 2004 at "The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement" World Premiere.
15 of 23
16. Whitney Houston with Bobbi Kristina and Bobby Brown in 2004 at "The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement" World Premiere
16 of 23
17. Whitney Houston at Clive Davis' Grammy's Pre-Party in 2007
17 of 23
18. Whitney Houston at Clive Davis' Grammy's Pre-Party in 2008
18 of 23
19. Whitney Houston performs for Good Morning America in 2009
19 of 23
20. Whitney Houston in 2010
20 of 23
21. Whitney Houston at the Grammy's Pre-Party in 2011.
21 of 23
22. Whitney Houston at the Grammy's Pre-Party in 2011.
22 of 23
23. Whitney Houston and daughter Bobbi- Kristina at the Grammy's Pre-Party in 2011.
23 of 23
5 Times Whitney Houston Was Her Diva Best [VIDEO] was originally published on blackamericaweb.com