Detective Chris Anderson is back with his weekly safety tips and this week, we’re discussing back to school safety tips for college students.
The first tip Anderson has is paying attention to your surroundings. People are looking to victimize you while you’re walking and when you’re not paying attention. Stay aware of what’s going on around you, especially when out. The second tip is that a lot of colleges have safety apps you can download. If you’re at home and your kids are away at college, it’s best to Google Search to turn up the campus apps that help safeguard your kids while they’re at school. Rickey Smiley said he’s on one of those apps as we speak!
40% of college students that attend college don’t even lock their doors so Chris’ third tip is an easy one. The most common crimes committed on college campuses are burglaries and thefts. So to avoid getting victimized? Lock your doors!
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” 6am ET.
- What You Need To Know About Georgia’s Run Off Election + Kyrie Irving Loses Nike Deal [WATCH]
- Enter Now: Visit Orlando Getaway with The Rickey Smiley Morning Show
- Rickey Smiley Unleashed: You Should Congratulate Deion Sanders For His Jackson State Efforts!
- Amanda Seales Explains Situation With Unruly Audience Member At A Chicago-Area Comedy Club
- ‘Cheers’ And ‘Look Who’s Talking’ Actress Kirstie Alley Passes Away at 71
- A London Tattoo Shop Is Offering Free Laser Removals Of Kanye Tattoos
- Op-Ed: Despite November Employment Gains Economy Faces Challenges In The Immediate Future
- Well, That Settles It: Draymond Green Explains Why LeBron James Is Better Than Michael Jordan
- One Yard Partners With Xfinity For ‘HBC…U Got Jokes’ Comedy Series
- Deion Sanders Leaves Jackson State For University of Colorado, Did He Sell Out The Culture? [WATCH]