Ex-UCLA star Tyler Honeycutt died from a self-inflicted gun wound after a standoff with police. He was 27-years-old.
Former UCLA and Sacramento Kings basketball player Tyler Honeycutt has died following an exchange of gunfire with Los Angeles police Friday night.
A family member on Saturday confirmed to KABC that Honeycutt had died.
The Los Angeles Police Department says it responded Friday afternoon to a report of a man with a gun, and during the initial encounter, the suspect fired a shot out of a residence and officers returned fire.
Crisis negotiators were called, and a SWAT team found an unresponsive man who was pronounced dead by paramedics.
The department, which did not identify the man, said he appeared to have died of a self-inflicted gunshot.
Reportedly, it was Honeycutt’s mother who called police, concerned that her son was acting erratically.
Honeycutt was a second round picked of the Sacramento Kings in 2011. He didn’t stick in the NBA long very long, but continued his pro career overseas.
- News You Can’t Use With Special K: What Do Politicians Have In Common With Gary With Da Tea? [VIDEO]
- Eva’s Corner: At What Age Should Parents Kick Their Children Out Of The House? [VIDEO]
- Black Tony’s Selling Tickets To Rickey Smiley’s Unsung R&B Cruise [VIDEO]
- Parent Helped Attack ‘Love & Hip Hop’ Star’s Daughter In High School Bathroom [Video]
- Juice WRLD’s Cause Of Death Revealed
Ex-UCLA Star Tyler Honeycutt Kills Himself After Shootout With Police was originally published on hiphopwired.com