Ex-UCLA star Tyler Honeycutt died from a self-inflicted gun wound after a standoff with police. He was 27-years-old.
Former UCLA and Sacramento Kings basketball player Tyler Honeycutt has died following an exchange of gunfire with Los Angeles police Friday night.
A family member on Saturday confirmed to KABC that Honeycutt had died.
The Los Angeles Police Department says it responded Friday afternoon to a report of a man with a gun, and during the initial encounter, the suspect fired a shot out of a residence and officers returned fire.
Crisis negotiators were called, and a SWAT team found an unresponsive man who was pronounced dead by paramedics.
The department, which did not identify the man, said he appeared to have died of a self-inflicted gunshot.
Reportedly, it was Honeycutt’s mother who called police, concerned that her son was acting erratically.
Honeycutt was a second round picked of the Sacramento Kings in 2011. He didn’t stick in the NBA long very long, but continued his pro career overseas.
- “Best Relationship I’ve Ever Been In” Tiffany Haddish Confirms Her And Common Are Official!
- KiKi’s Top 3 Things Dudes Say When You Catch Them Cheating [WATCH]
- Hot Spot: Even Though Fans Made A Petition, Tory Lanez Will Not Be Deported [WATCH]
- Toni Braxton Shares That She Uses This Sex Toy For Her Skin Care Routine
- Peter Thomas Shares Details About Testing Positive For COVID-19
Ex-UCLA Star Tyler Honeycutt Kills Himself After Shootout With Police was originally published on hiphopwired.com