Rickey Smiley talked about not being able to speak about old school artist. Artist such as Anita Baker, Diana Ross and other aren’t in the demographic targeting, “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show,” audience. They cater to people ages 18-34.
When they start singing Anita songs sometimes they get a look because some might not get that it’s her song. Hollywood one of the producers of the show mentioned that it’s okay to make a joke, but we have to do with what strategically works for them.
Gary With Da Tea mentioned that when he talks about Beyonce he references Diana Ross because she is similar to how she was as a young artist. The producer also spoke about how they are up against 100 different morning shows so they must talk about what works for them.
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” 6am ET.
RELATED: Anita Baker Announces Farewell Tour
- Boosie Badazz Says He Wasn’t Surprised Lil Wayne Backed Donald Trump
- Nicki Minaj Getting 6-Part Docuseries About Her Life On HBO Max
- Steve King’s Racist ‘Slave’ Attack On Kamala Harris Renews False Birther Conspiracy Theory
- Jeremih Transferred From ICU As COVID-19 Battle Improves
- The President’s Son, Donald Trump Jr., Tests Positive For Coronavirus
- It’s A Celebration!: Dave Chapelle Makes A Surprise Appearance on Joe Rogan’s Podcast
- Missy Elliott Surprises Bride With Dream Wedding Dress After Emotional Tweets For Help
- Jeezy Talks Squashing Beef With Gucci Mane, Addresses Jeannie Mai’s White Meat/Dark Meat Comments
- R. Kelly’s Sex Trafficking Trial Is Set For April
- Did Summer Walker Confirm She’s Pregnant? [PHOTO]