Rickey Smiley talked about not being able to speak about old school artist. Artist such as Anita Baker, Diana Ross and other aren’t in the demographic targeting, “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show,” audience. They cater to people ages 18-34.
When they start singing Anita songs sometimes they get a look because some might not get that it’s her song. Hollywood one of the producers of the show mentioned that it’s okay to make a joke, but we have to do with what strategically works for them.
Gary With Da Tea mentioned that when he talks about Beyonce he references Diana Ross because she is similar to how she was as a young artist. The producer also spoke about how they are up against 100 different morning shows so they must talk about what works for them.
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” 6am ET.
RELATED: Anita Baker Announces Farewell Tour
- “Dear Black Brotha…” An Open Letter To Black Men In America
- Quarantine Meals: Pulled Pork Sliders With Carolina Gold Slaw Recipe [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Report: Derek Chauvin, Ex-Minneapolis Cop At Center Of George Floyd’s Death, Arrested
- Black Tony Is Babysitting And He’s Scared! [WATCH]
- Ro James Talks The Influence Of Gospel Music And His New Album ‘Mantic’ [EXCLUSIVE AUDIO]
- Kel Mitchell And His Wife Announce Their Second Baby Using “Wipe It Down” Tik Tok Challenge
- Gym Patrol Gary: White Man Loses Office Lease After Calling Police On Black Entrepreneurs Using Gym
- Looking Ready To Pop, Ciara Debuts A Platinum Blonde Lewk
- Minneapolis Protestors Set Fire To Police Station Then Set Off Fireworks [VIDEO]
- Did Fired Officer Derek Chauvin Know George Floyd?