Rickey Smiley is so excited about Father’s Day this weekend and can’t wait to celebrate all the men that helped raise him. Eva Marcille wants to also celebrate single moms that are playing the roll, but Rickey believes moms were celebrated on Mother’s Day. He was disappointed at the fact that he didn’t notice any Father’s Day commercials.
Rickey also shouted out all the dads that are fighting in court to have visitation and how the courts aren’t fair when it comes to that.
Headkrack mentioned that when men go to court the odds are always against them. There are a lot of deadbeat mothers out there and they are still celebrated and that’s not fair. Rickey also recalls one day sending his daughter to school in a new pajama set. He thought it was new clothing, but he wanted so bad to be a father to her and did what he had to do.
Rickey hopes that this holiday it helps men that aren’t stepping up to the plate to come correct. Shout out to all the dads, mentors, coaches, pastors and everyone that had helped raise a child. Happy Father’s Day!
RELATED: Father’s Day Gift Ideas [PHOTOS]
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” 6am ET.
- Kanye West Shares His Faith Journey At Sunday Service In Atlanta: “Jesus Christ Brought Me Closer To My Family”
- Condoleezza Rice Wants You To Stop Calling People Racist — Even If They Are
- Russell Simmons Banned From Yoga Studio After Sex Assault Allegations
- Meagan Good Reveals She Froze Her Eggs
- Fantasia Says Collaboration With Jazmine Sullivan & Brandy Will Not Be Released
- ABC Announces Beyoncé’s ‘Making The Gift’ Special
- Mack Daddy Diddy Shoots Down Lori Harvey Pregnancy Rumors
- Evelyn Lozada Urged To File Restraining Order Against ‘Basketball Wives’ Co-Star OG
- White Student In Viral Blackface Photo Attacks People For ‘Blasting’ The Photo
- First Black NBA Player Gets Posthumous Basketball Hall Of Fame Induction