One OWN’s oldest show, Welcome To Sweetie Pie’s, is closing up shop after its fifth season.
Deadline reports the May 5 season première will launch the last season of the show that took you behind the scenes and showed the inner workings of the famed St. Louis soul food restaurant.
The show first aired in October 2011 during the networks plunge into a partnership with Discovery Communications. Under company growing pains, the show came out and set a focus on empowerment only to flop in its first season with a lack of audience and executives coming in out of the doors of the show.
However, Welcome To Sweetie Pie’s gained traction and became the network’s breakout hit defining OWN networks identity in serving the African-American community.
As it grew, it got ranked as number 2 on the original Saturday-night series in OWN’s history for African-American women.
OWN’s president Erik Logan said, “For nearly seven years, our viewers have fallen in love and followed an incredible journey with Miss Robbie, Tim, and the whole family.” He continued, “It comes with immense gratitude and appreciation as we send off the series for its final season and make OWN history celebrating 100 memorable episodes.”
Saturday, June 9, will mark the 100th episode of the show and will be followed by a 60-minute after show special hosted by comedian and actress Kym Whitley. Ms. Robbie, Monique, Charles, Linda, Tim, Jan and Cousin Michelle will all be a part of the show special sharing behind the scenes details.
- Front Page News: Information You Should Know About Hurricane Ian [WATCH]
- Gary’s Tea: Will Porsha Williams Make A Return To RHOA For $5M?! + Alleged Wedding Date Revealed [WATCH]
- Trailer Released For 50 Cent’s Highly Anticipated Investigative Series ‘Hip Hop Homicides’
- “The Hair Tales” Trailer Is Here! Get A Glimpse At Hulu & OWN’s Six-Part Series Celebrating Black Beauty
- Jackson Can’t ‘Trust’ Mississippi To Fix Water Crisis, Mayor Says Amid Calls For Civil Rights Investigation
(Source: Deadline )
(Photo Credit: Courtesy)