Today marks the 50th Anniversary of the day Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. was assassinated in Memphis. Rickey Smiley played “Wake Up Everybody,” and wanted everyone to listen to the powerful lyrics and think about King. He also spoke to Glennon Threatt about progress.
Threatt believes on certain issues King fought for we are further away from the mountain top. He also wants people to do more acts of good to make changes. Everything Dr. King did was to help others and make a difference and we must continue to follow what he tried to do.
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” 6am ET.
- Hot Spot: Ellen Degeneres Apologizes About Her Show, Says She’s A Work In Progress [WATCH]
- How To Survive Seasonal Affective Disorder This Fall [EXCLUSIVE AUDIO]
- More Cops Investigated In Breonna Taylor’s Killing Ahead Of Kentucky AG’s Decision
- National Voter Registration Day: How To Prepare For Election Day, Step By Step
- First Ever U.S. High-Speed Rail System Approved For Dallas-To-Houston Bullet Train
- Da Brat Opens Up About Dating Allen Iverson & Beating Up A Woman Over Him
- Respect The Pioneers: GORE-TEX Inventor Bob Gore Has Passed Away
- Georgia Cops Kills Black Man In Same City Where Ahmaud Arbery Was ‘Lynched’
- Howard University and Apple Team Up For ‘Rap Life Live’ Special Event
- LG Tone Free Teams Up J.R. Smith & Other Pro Ballers To Help Children In BIPOC Communities