Today marks the 50th Anniversary of the day Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. was assassinated in Memphis. Rickey Smiley played “Wake Up Everybody,” and wanted everyone to listen to the powerful lyrics and think about King. He also spoke to Glennon Threatt about progress.
Threatt believes on certain issues King fought for we are further away from the mountain top. He also wants people to do more acts of good to make changes. Everything Dr. King did was to help others and make a difference and we must continue to follow what he tried to do.
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” 6am ET.
- Bodies Of Two Children Discovered During Traffic Stop In Maryland
- Ashanti Shows Off Her Chiseled Abs In A Teeny Tiny Blue Bikini
- ‘Simone Biles Jokes’: SNL’s Michael Che Dragged For Allegedly Mocking Gymnast In Deleted Instagram Stories
- Hot Girl Summer Over?: Woman Arrested For Playing “WAP” Too Loud At Public Pool
- Minnesota White Man Stalks Interracial Couple Then Rams A Stolen SUV Into Their Home
- A ‘House Party’ Reboot Starring ‘The Chi’ Actor Jacob Latimore In The Works
- Charles Barkley Keeps It All The Way Real, Says People Who Don’t Want To Get Vaccinated Are “A**holes”
- Ramon ‘Hushpuppi’ Abbas And Everything To Know About Nigerian Social Media Star’s Indictment For Fraud
- The Undressing Room Podcast Presented By Macy’s: Episode 26 – “Separating the Man from the Music”
- Allen Iverson Joins Al Harrington’s Cannabis Brand Viola As Its First Talent Partnership