Rickey Smiley can remember growing up and seeing Martin Luther King. Jr. photos and quotes in his mothers as well as grandmothers house. The day before he was assassinated his kids climbed on tops of the car and didn’t want him to leave. King even asked his secretary to clear his schedule when he returned so that he could have more time with his kids.
Roland Martin spoke with his secretary and how she can recall all the events that led up to his death. He also spoke about how Black people today are running from movements in which we started. Gay, Latino and other people use movements to change laws and see progress, but we as a people aren’t doing that as much because of fear and other things.
In the 60’s people marched even though it put a target on them and their family. Martin also spoke about how King spoke against the Vietnam war and he believes that speech is what led to his death. He also thinks everyone should read the book by King titled “Where Do We Go From Here.” It gives a plan of what will happen after his death.
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” 6am ET.
- Iman Shumpert Steals The Show With His Debut ‘Dancing With The Stars’ Performance & Teyana Says He Better Win
- Tamika Mallory Slams Biden Administration For Border Patrol Whipping Haitian Migrants: ‘Y’all Are Responsible’
- Kanye West Drops $57 Million On New Crib In Malibu
- Jelani Day’s Mother Wants Her Son To Get The Same Attention As Gabby Petito
- Netflix Is Testing Its “Free Service” In Kenya, Only Available On Android Smartphones
- She Got Game: Malika Andrews Is The Host Of ESPN’s New Daily NBA Show
- Front Page News: Border Patrol In Texas Attempt To Remove Haitians With Whips On Horses [WATCH]
- Jeff Johnson Asks Why Are Black Men Dying So Early? [WATCH]
- Harrowing Photos Of Border Patrol With Whips On Horseback Hunting Haitian Migrants Evoke Images Of Slavery
- The Way Gabby Petito’s Fiancé Brian Laundrie Has Evaded Arrest Epitomizes White Privilege