Today is the 50th anniversary of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. being assassinated outside of his hotel room in Memphis. Callers spoke about whether he would be proud or upset with how the world is today and many of them said both. Some believe that he would be proud of the marches and standing for injustice, but disappointed in some of our young people.
The status of King’s dream is very much alive, but we are still battling a lot of the same issues. Rickey Smiley spoke about how ministers need to speak up more about injustice while talking to their congregations. The ones that don’t aren’t helping the situations.
Rickey mentioned that it’s one of the reasons he loves Pastor Jamal Bryant because no matter what he’s facing he always is ready to march and speak about injustice. Other should follow his lead and learn from him. Without some of these ministers speaking out the congregation won’t be behind them.
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” 6am ET.
- Gary’s Tea: Woman Exposes LaTocha Scott’s Husband & Says She’s Having His Baby! [WATCH]
- What’s Trending: Here’s An Update On What We Know About The Shanquella Robinson Case [WATCH]
- LaTocha Scott’s Husband Allegedly Expecting Baby From Mistress!
- Payton Gendron To Plead Guilty To Racist Buffalo Shooting, Death Penalty Still A Possibility
- Nene Leakes Shined In A $2,550 Chain Dress For Porsha’s Wedding
- Offset Takes To Instagram To Once Again Pay Homage To Takeoff
- Porsha Williams And Simon Guobadia Get Married Again!
- Long Lines During Only Weekend Of Early Voting In Georgia Runoff Election
- Fantasia Owned The Stage In Augusto Manzanares Look
- Xscape Shines In La Roxx Looks During Soul Train Awards Performance