Microsoft might have some serious explaining to do if this case moves forward. 238 cases of gender discrimination or sexual harassment have been filed against the tech giant by female employees. According to court filings that were recently released, the complaints were made between 2010 and 2016.
Complaints against the company included denying pay raises or promotions to women working in US-based technical jobs with Microsoft. Of course, Microsoft refutes the claims and only deems one of the gender discrimination complaints out of 118 of them “founded”. The company also said it has committed $55 million a year to help promote inclusion and diversity. To ensure that victims would be more comfortable coming forward the Microsoft waived the requirement for pre-dispute arbitration agreements in sexual harassment claims.
Those moves the company had made recently doesn’t really help the women who are filing the claims now. This current stance the company is taking is also a very contradictory one. Microsoft also wanted to the keep the number of human resources complaints under wraps. Their argument claimed that making the outcomes public would somehow dissuade other victims from coming forward in the future.
Currently, attorney’s for the plaintiffs are gunning for a trial to proceed with their class action lawsuit. No date for a trial has been set. US District Judge James Robart has not ruled on the plaintiff’s request yet but if he does decide to allow the case to move forward it could cover more than 8,000 women in it. Microsoft is totally against this and claims that the plaintiffs have not identified practices “that include enough employees”. If you ask us honestly, one is too many already and puts Microsft under an intense Microsoft.
We will be keeping our eyes on this case, this could make big noise in the tech industry.
- LHHATL Recap: Kirk Frost Delivers Memo From Captain Obvious About That DNA Test
- Self-Driving Uber Car Kills Woman
- Tommie Lee On Why She’s Thought About Killing Her Exes [EXCLUSIVE]
- Wendy Williams Is Back, But Her Health Struggle Is Still Too Real [VIDEO]
- Boy Shoots & Kills Teen Sister Over A Video Game
- Rick Ross Returns To Performing After Health Scare [PHOTOS]
- The Trump Administration Will “Seek The Death Penalty” For Drug Dealers [VIDEO]
- Prank Call: Roy Wood Jr. Pisses Off Man About His Taxes [EXCLUSIVE]
- Ne-Yo Goes On Defensive Rant After His Call For Men To Be Faithful Backfires
- Mya Tells What Keeps Her Looking Young After 20 Years In The Game [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
10 Endlessly Inspirational Women [PHOTOS]
1. 10 Endlessly Inspirational Women1 of 12
2. 10 Endlessly Inspirational Women2 of 12
3. Ava DuVernay3 of 12
4. Oprah Winfrey4 of 12
5. Michelle Obama5 of 12
6. Issa Rae6 of 12
7. Mae Jemison7 of 12
8. Maxine Waters8 of 12
9. April Ryan9 of 12
10. Chimamanda Ngozi Adiche10 of 12
11. Alicia Garza, Opal Tomenti, and Patrisse Cullors11 of 12
12. Serena Williams12 of 12
Photo: Christophe Morin/IP3 / Getty