Colin Kaepernick’s kneeling protest to bring awareness to police brutality set off a firestorm of conversation in 2016, with fellow players openly supporting the movement and fans in the stadium and watching on TV reacting in outrage.
‘Black-ish’ often tackles topics ripped from the headlines, so it made sense for the loaded issue to be featured on an episode. But the taped segments are shelved indefinitely reportedly due to one scene where Dre (Anthony Anderson) argues with his older son over the protests.
“One of the things that has always made ‘Black-ish’ so special is how it deftly examines delicate social issues in a way that simultaneously entertains and educates,” an ABC spokesperson told the press.
“However, on this episode there were creative differences we were unable to resolve.”
Kenya Barris, the show’s show runner, expressed a similar sentiment.
“Given our creative differences, neither ABC nor I were happy with the direction of the episode and mutually agreed not to air it,” Barris told the NYT.
- Video Shows Florida ‘Karen’ Spewing N-Word At Landscapers In Racist Meltdown
- Megan Thee Stallion And Cardi B Give Us 90s Barrel Curl Realness On ‘Wap’ Cover Art
- Hol’ Up! Dr. Dre’s Soon To Be Ex-Wife Nicole Young Is Challenging His Prenup
- Rihanna Is The Next Cover For ‘Harper’s Bazaar’
- T.I. & Tiny Will Be Grandparents! Zonnique Pullins Expeditiously Expecting Her First Child
- “Best Relationship I’ve Ever Been In” Tiffany Haddish Confirms Her And Common Are Official!
- KiKi’s Top 3 Things Dudes Say When You Catch Them Cheating [WATCH]
- Hot Spot: Even Though Fans Made A Petition, Tory Lanez Will Not Be Deported [WATCH]
- Toni Braxton Shares That She Uses This Sex Toy For Her Skin Care Routine
- Peter Thomas Shares Details About Testing Positive For COVID-19
Why We Will Never See The “Black-Ish” Episode About The NFL Kneeling Protests was originally published on hellobeautiful.com