Howard University’s School of Business has taken a major step forward in ensuring that its students are equipped with the tools that they need to thrive in the finance industry. The institution recently opened up a new Bloomberg Finance Lab, the university reported.
The lab—which was backed by a $250,000 donation from Howard alumnus Wendell E. Mackey, CFA—will serve as a hub where students will have access to a Bloomberg software program that harbors historical data and analytics surrounding business and finance trends, the news outlet writes.
“We are thrilled to partner with Howard University and offer its students and professors access to the same market-moving news and data relied on by leading business and financial professionals around the globe,” said Erika Irish Brown, Bloomberg’s Global Head of Diversity & Inclusion in a statement. “We hope that Bloomberg Finance Lab’s training and coursework will give Howard students seeking careers in financial services an additional competitive edge.”
Some of the funds donated by Mackey—who is the Founder, Co-Chief Executive Officer, and Chief Investment Officer for the Chicago-based company Channing Capital Management—will be allocated towards scholarships for business school students. Mackey says he’s grateful to be able to pay it forward and give back to his alma mater.
During the recent unveiling of the new lab—which was attended by professors, students, and Howard alumni—two business school students were awarded scholarships. “I very much appreciate this scholarship award for the simple fact that someone wants to help me advance my education,” said scholarship recipient Christopher Austin, a junior finance major who hails from Chicago. “There is no better feeling than knowing that others believe in my future and want to help me along the way toward pursuing my goals and dreams.”
- U.S. Airman Dies After Setting Himself on Fire in Protest Outside Israeli Embassy
- Trump Claims Black Supporters Due to Alleged Legal Discrimination
- What Started the Brawl Involving Cam Newton?
- Kanye West Selling His YZY GAP Collection For $20 A Pop On His Website
- See Danielle Brooks’ Fabulous Fringe Moment At The 2024 Producers Guild Awards
- Donald Trump Stereotypes African Americans At Black Conservative Event With Largely White Audience
- Brooklyn Pastor’s Lavish Lifestyle Takes Center Stage As Fraud Trial Begins
- GoFundMe Launches After MLK ‘I Have A Dream’ Memorial Vandalized In Denver
- RIP Eric Mays: 5 Times Fiery Flint Councilman Was Standing On Business
- Urban One Honors Attendees Speak On All Things Best In Black #UrbanOneHonors
Howard University Alumnus Donates $250,000 For New Business Lab And Scholarships was originally published on newsone.com
Porsha Williams Divorcing Simon Guobadia After 15-Month Marriage
Prayers Up: Wendy Williams Diagnosed With Dementia, Primary Progressive Aphasia
Mo’Nique Offers An Apology To Oprah Winfrey And Tyler Perry
Mo’Nique’s Feud With Son Sparks Debate On Family Fighting In Public
Monica Responds To Accusations Of Getting BBL Surgery After Viral Concert Footage Shows Her Curves.
Chilli Faces Backlash After Correcting Fan Who Called Her Chocolate: 'Without A Tan, I’m Caramel'
Worst. Flight. Ever. : Delta Flight Forced To Turn Around After Maggots Fell From Overhead Bin
Outspoken Councilman Eric Mays Passes Away 65