Michelle Obama has always been one to share advice and inspire young women. The Huffington Post reports the former first lady interviewed with several young ladies as a feature for Refinery 29. One of the young ladies, Alejandra Santizo asked about how women could become leaders and Obama gave a great response.
She said, “My best advice to girls, including my own daughters, is do not be afraid to fail. So often, our own fear of failure is the thing that keeps us back. We think we have to be perfect, that if we make even the tiniest mistake, it’s a catastrophe. That’s simply not true!” Obama also mentioned that the way to succeed is by failing.
She also spoke about how you must be kind to other women. Obama said, “I also advise girls to be supportive of each other. I cannot say this enough! Too often we’re taught that we have to compete, or that someone else’s failure is our success. But we can all rise together; we can all win. We have to be a team of women and girls who love each other and value each other and cherish one another. Because if we don’t cherish each other, no one else will.”
- Tommy DeBarge Of R&B Group Switch Passes Away At 64
- Discovery+ and Oprah Team Up For New Series ‘The Great Soul Food Cook-Off’
- Martin Lawrence Talks LIT AF Tour, New Drama Movie Coming Soon, & Favorite ‘Martin’ Characters [WATCH]
- Hot Spot: R. Kelly Placed On Suicide Watch + Lil Nas X Gets His Own Day In Atlanta [WATCH]
- HBCU Paul Quinn College Might Have The Best Basketball Court Ever Made
- Gold Digger: Kim Kardashian Paid Kanye West $23 Million To Keep Hidden Hills Home During Divorce
- Facebook Reportedly Planning “Rebrand” With New Name
- BET Is Bringing The ‘2021 Soul Train Awards’ To Apollo Theater For The First Time Ever
- Prayers For The Family Of The Five Teens Killed In Capital Boulevard Crash
- Tia Mowry-Hardrict And Her Fashionable Family Slay On Instagram