This past weekend Deontay Wilder defeated Luis “King Kong” Ortiz in one of the biggest fights of his career. CBS Sports reports that after fighting Ortiz, he yelled, “King Kong’ ain’t got nothing on me! A true champion always finds a way to come back and that’s what I did tonight. If you speak it and believe it, you will receive it, baby. The mind is very powerful.”
Fans screamed during Round 7 as they saw Wilder outbox his opponent. Three rounds later Ortiz ended up on the floor and was picked up by the ref, he tried to continue to fight, but moments later was knocked to the ground again. Wilder ended up defeating Ortiz and the crowd full of fans at the Barclays Center were excited for him.
Wilder’s promoter, Lou DiBella said, “The heavyweight champion is a man’s man; he has some huge cojones. He walked through the fire and he knocked the guy out. That’s what the f— it’s all about.” Ortiz believes he could of beat Wilder. The scorecard before the knockout showed Ortiz winning. Congratulations to Deontay Wilder!
- Sweet Nothings: Man Stabbed McDonald’s Customer After Argument Sparked Over Too Much Sugar In Coffee
- Eddie Murphy Secured The Bag In Three Picture, First-Look Film Deal With Amazon Studios
- Gary’s Tea: Brat Loves Judy! Da Brat Announces Her Official Wedding Date With Jesseca ‘Judy’ Dupart [WATCH]
- EXCLUSIVE: This Is What Rev Al Sharpton Found Out About The Haiti Migrants At The Texas Border
- The Hot Girl Coach Is Here: Megan Thee Stallion & Her Knees Star In Nike’s Latest “Play New” Campaign
- Biden Administration Seeks Contract For Guantánamo Bay Migrant Detention Facility, Says Haitians At Texas Border Won’t Be Sent There
- Jeannie Mai’s Ex-Husband Calls Her ‘Trash’ Amid News Of Her Baby Announcement
- A Trial Date For Nipsey Hussle’s Alleged Murderer Has Finally Been Set
- Birdman Explains Why He Used To Kiss Lil Wayne On The Lips [Video]
- In His Dreams: R. Kelly’s Trial Defense Compares Him To MLK During Closing Arguments