The time has come where two powerhouse actresses will join forces for a melanated face off against their enemies.
We’re talking about the new movie just announced starring Viola Davis and Lupita Nyong’o called The Woman King. It’s based off the true events of the Kingdom of Dahomey, one of the most powerful states of Africa in the 18th and 19th centuries.
It’ll follow Nanisca (Davis), a general of the all-female military unit known as the Amazons. She teams up with her daughter Nawi (Nyong’o) to fight the French and neighboring tribes who violated “their honor, enslaved their people and threatened to destroy everything they’ve lived for,” according to The Hollywood Reporter.
So basically two of the baddest actresses in the game right now will
1. Portray a group that was taking names like the Dora Milaje before there even was a Dora Milaje
2. Rep for the dark skin sistas everywhere, so that all the fam can come through
3. Bring new light to Africa in a way that isn’t submissive or helpless
4. Reach peak #BlackGirlMagic by exploring an intimate mother-daughter relationship
They’ll be doing all this?
Okay, we’ll try to keep calm.
- In Honor Of Breast Cancer Awareness Hear About The “Lift Your Pearls & Check Your Girls” Initiative
- Everything You Need To Know About The COVID-19 Booster Shots [WATCH]
- Jeezy Gets Real About Hustling At An Early Age For TV One’s ‘UNCENSORED’
- #BRUHNews: Florida Man Kills Neighbor Over A Trespassing Cat
- Adele Announces ‘One Night Only’ On CBS Featuring Live Performances & An Interview With Oprah [Details Inside]
- R. Kelly Put On Suicide Watch After Conviction
- Dave Chappelle Reps Says Comedian Is Open To Discuss Netflix Backlash That Lead To Employee Walkout
- Ashanti Shows Off Her Killer Curves While Turning Up On Vacation In The Bahamas
- Tommy DeBarge of R&B group Switch Dies at 64
- Tommy DeBarge Of R&B Group Switch Passes Away At 64
Viola Davis & Lupita Nyong’o Will Play Mother-Daughter Warriors! was originally published on globalgrind.com