The time has come where two powerhouse actresses will join forces for a melanated face off against their enemies.
We’re talking about the new movie just announced starring Viola Davis and Lupita Nyong’o called The Woman King. It’s based off the true events of the Kingdom of Dahomey, one of the most powerful states of Africa in the 18th and 19th centuries.
It’ll follow Nanisca (Davis), a general of the all-female military unit known as the Amazons. She teams up with her daughter Nawi (Nyong’o) to fight the French and neighboring tribes who violated “their honor, enslaved their people and threatened to destroy everything they’ve lived for,” according to The Hollywood Reporter.
So basically two of the baddest actresses in the game right now will
1. Portray a group that was taking names like the Dora Milaje before there even was a Dora Milaje
2. Rep for the dark skin sistas everywhere, so that all the fam can come through
3. Bring new light to Africa in a way that isn’t submissive or helpless
4. Reach peak #BlackGirlMagic by exploring an intimate mother-daughter relationship
They’ll be doing all this?
Okay, we’ll try to keep calm.
- Become A Partner In Hope & Donate To St. Jude!
- Tory Lanez Appeals Guilty Verdict in Megan Thee Stallion Shooting Following Support from Drake
- Oprah Winfrey Steps Down From Weightwatchers Board After Admitting She Used Weight-Loss Drugs
- Terrence Howard Faces $1 Million Tax Bill Although Claiming It Was ‘Immoral’ For ‘US Government To Charge Taxes To Descendants Of Slaves’
- Study Shows Marijuana Used As Little as Monthly Can Increase Heart Attack and Stroke Risk
- Cam Newton on Viral Fight: I’m Disappointed in Myself’
- New Music Alert: All The Outfit Details From Cardi B’s “Like What” Music Video
- See Chanel Iman And Davon Godchaux’s Fabulous Yacht Wedding Photos
- Gabourey Sidibe Is Expecting Twins With Husband Brandon Frankel
- Meek Mill Denies Accusations Of A Physical Relationship With Diddy
- Washington State Finally Bans Police Hog-Tying Four Years After Manuel ‘Manny’ Ellis’ Death
Viola Davis & Lupita Nyong’o Will Play Mother-Daughter Warriors! was originally published on globalgrind.com
Porsha Williams Divorcing Simon Guobadia After 15-Month Marriage
And You Woo Woo WHAT?! ‘Embarrassed’ Jeffrey Osborne Concertgoers Seek $2M In Emotional Distress Lawsuit
Prayers Up: Wendy Williams Diagnosed With Dementia, Primary Progressive Aphasia
Monica Responds To Accusations Of Getting BBL Surgery After Viral Concert Footage Shows Her Curves.
Oh My, Oh Why: Fans Share Reactions To Tyler Perry’s ‘Mea Culpa’ On Social Media
Chilli Faces Backlash After Correcting Fan Who Called Her Chocolate: 'Without A Tan, I’m Caramel'
Outspoken Councilman Eric Mays Passes Away 65
Wendy Williams’ Family Gives Detailed Account Of Her “Heartbreaking” Downward Spiral