Akon’s has given electricity across Africa via his company Akon Lighting Africa, but he recently revealed that he also tried to provide power after Hurricane Maria hit Puerto Rico. He said he was turned down.
Akon told TMZ: “It’s politics, propaganda, and special interests. They didn’t care about the people—if that was the case, they would have allowed us to go in and provide the solution,” Akon said.
Power has been restored to 83.8 percent of Puerto Rico, but top officials are still unhappy with the recovery process post-Hurricane Maria. According to Akon, he could have fixed it in 30 days.
- “When We Don’t Vote Speech” From Rev. Dr. Howard-John Wesley Explains Why We Need To Vote [WATCH]
- What Did Kentucky AG Daniel Cameron Actually Present To The Breonna Taylor Grand Jury?
- LeBron James Vows To Continue The Fight For Black Women Following Breonna Taylor Injustice
- Talk Slow: Dapper Dan Details How Luxury Eventually Embraced Hip-Hop
- Cardi B Claims Her DMs Are Flooded Following Split From Offset–“I Could Date Any Man I Want”
- Kanye West Vows To Give Back His 50% Share of Masters To G.O.O.D Music Artists
- Breonna Taylor Case Causes Nationwide Protests After Cops Go Unprosecuted
- Study: Alcohol, Drug-Related Deaths Up Across Maryland Amid Coronavirus Pandemic
- Jaguar Wright Apologizes To Tiffany Haddish After Accusing Common Of Sexual Assault
- Mural Celebrating Chadwick Boseman At Downtown Disney
Akon’s Offer To Restore Power In Puerto Rico Was Turned Down was originally published on globalgrind.com