Akon’s has given electricity across Africa via his company Akon Lighting Africa, but he recently revealed that he also tried to provide power after Hurricane Maria hit Puerto Rico. He said he was turned down.
Akon told TMZ: “It’s politics, propaganda, and special interests. They didn’t care about the people—if that was the case, they would have allowed us to go in and provide the solution,” Akon said.
Power has been restored to 83.8 percent of Puerto Rico, but top officials are still unhappy with the recovery process post-Hurricane Maria. According to Akon, he could have fixed it in 30 days.
- Kelly Price Shares The Inspiration Behind Her Gospel Project + Details On American Soul [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Hot Spot: Should Black Panther Recast T’Challa To Continue His Legacy? [WATCH]
- Nina Parker Announces Her New Plus-Size Collection With Macy’s
- Nas Hits The Crypto Jackpot Thanks To Coinbase Investment, Celebrates Financial Win On Twitter
- ‘What Is Justice?’ Daunte Wright’s Family Demands Full ‘Accountability’ In Wake Of Kim Potter’s Arrest
- 74-Year-Old Grandmother Sues Oklahoma City Police, Says God ‘Spared’ Her Life After Cops Broke Her Arm
- Indianapolis Mass Shooting At FedEx Facility Leaves 8 Dead, Gunman Takes Own Life
- Pure Comedy: Corinne Foxx Shares Her Top Five Embarrassing Moments With Her Dad Jamie Foxx
- Michael Jordan Will Induct His ‘Little Brother’ Kobe Bryant Into The Basketball Hall of Fame
- Philly Rapper, AR-Ab Sentenced to 45 Years In Prison
Akon’s Offer To Restore Power In Puerto Rico Was Turned Down was originally published on globalgrind.com