Akon’s has given electricity across Africa via his company Akon Lighting Africa, but he recently revealed that he also tried to provide power after Hurricane Maria hit Puerto Rico. He said he was turned down.
Akon told TMZ: “It’s politics, propaganda, and special interests. They didn’t care about the people—if that was the case, they would have allowed us to go in and provide the solution,” Akon said.
Power has been restored to 83.8 percent of Puerto Rico, but top officials are still unhappy with the recovery process post-Hurricane Maria. According to Akon, he could have fixed it in 30 days.
- Michelle Williams Claps Back At Man Telling Her She Needs To Have Kids
- Jeff Johnson Breaks Down Joe Biden’s Diverse Cabinet [WATCH]
- Sean Paul Says Jay-Z Wasn’t Comfortable With Him Around Beyoncé After “Baby Boy” Success
- Counselor Yunetta Spring Dismisses Myths About Meditation [WATCH]
- Meagan Good Contemplates Motherhood & Society’s Timeline On Life And Love
- Wendy Williams Responds To Her Brother’s Comments About Her Not Attending Her Mother’s Funeral
- Everything You Need To Know About The CROWN Act
- Ciera Payton Shares What Surprised Her The Most About Wendy Williams’ Story [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- NFL Co-Opts MLK’s Quote About ‘Injustice Anywhere’ After Blacklisting Kaepernick For Protesting Police Violence
- How Kamala Harris’ Style Will Set The Tone Of Her Vice Presidency
Akon’s Offer To Restore Power In Puerto Rico Was Turned Down was originally published on globalgrind.com