Akon’s has given electricity across Africa via his company Akon Lighting Africa, but he recently revealed that he also tried to provide power after Hurricane Maria hit Puerto Rico. He said he was turned down.
Akon told TMZ: “It’s politics, propaganda, and special interests. They didn’t care about the people—if that was the case, they would have allowed us to go in and provide the solution,” Akon said.
Power has been restored to 83.8 percent of Puerto Rico, but top officials are still unhappy with the recovery process post-Hurricane Maria. According to Akon, he could have fixed it in 30 days.
- Eva’s Corner: Woman Finds Out Her Husband Is Her First Cousin
- 8th Grade Year Book Featuring Kobe Bryant’s Signature Expected To Fetch Over $20K
- Jussie Smollett Pleads Not Guilty To Restored Charges Accusing Him Of Staging An Attack Against Himself
- Gary’s Tea: Beyoncé Criticized + Steven Spielberg Embarrassed for Porn-Star Daughter
- Bill Cosby’s IG Page Shows Support For Convicted Rapist Harvey Weinstein
- Hot Spot: 50 Cent Trolling Again On The Gram + Billy Cosby Speaks on Harvey Weinstein
- 50 Cent Posts Offensive Zaya Wade & R. Kelly Meme
- Kenya Moore’s Emotionally Draining Relationship Is A Lot
- “We Are Not A Couple” Wendy Denies Dating William Shelby
- Deontay Wilder Blames Heavy Costume For Tyson Fury Fade
Akon’s Offer To Restore Power In Puerto Rico Was Turned Down was originally published on globalgrind.com