After being dragged by fans on social media last week for saying her son wasn’t “blessed” with her good hair, Ne-Yo’s wife Crystal Renay has announced plans to launch a new hair care line for mixed kids.
“Thank you guys for the negativity, because once again I’m going to channel it into something positive and I am now in the process of creating a hair care line for mixed children…so thank you once again,” she said in an Instagram post.
As previously reported, Crystal took to Instagram earlier this month with a request for help because her son wasn’t “blessed” with “Mommy’s ‘Hawaiian Silky’” hair texture.
Her comment section lit up with folks criticizing her for even making the distinction, which draws on the age old good hair/bad hair issue that has divided the African American community for decades.
- Tank Debuts ‘Can’t Let It Show’, Talks New Movie Role & Transitioning Into Stand Up Comedy [WATCH]
- Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin Says He Recommended Syria Airstrike: ‘We Know What We Hit’
- QAnon Shaman Says Trump Pardoning Lil Wayne Made Him Question Loyalty
- 8 Legendary Black Hollywood Beauties Who Broke The Mold
- New York Times Internal Report Admits Its Coverage Has Been Rooted In White Perspectives
- The Beauty Of Little Africa: The History of Black Wall Street
- Rep. Al Green Blasts Republicans Voting Against ‘Equality’ For LGBTQ: ‘Have You No Shame?’
- Eddie Murphy Details His Iconic Basketball Match Against Prince
- Lizzo’s Extra Long Braid And Gold Fronts Are The Mood All 2021
- Rep. Maxine Waters Honoring ‘The Audacity’ Of Megan The Stallion’s Single ‘WAP’
(Photo Credit: PR Photos)
Ne-Yo’s Wife Launching Mixed Kids Hair Care Line Amid Backlash was originally published on blackamericaweb.com