Serena Williams treated a group of tech-savvy Black girls with a viewing of “Black Panther.”
What’s better than seeing Marvel Studios’ latest film early? Seeing it with seeing Serena.
Serena and her new hubby, Reddit founder Alexis Ohanian organized a private screening for about 40 members of Black Girls Code. TMZ.com reports that the girls gathered Thursday night at a theater in San Francisco, and they had no idea Serena would be there.
When Serena popped up, the girls naturally went crazy! But could you blame them? She’s the closest thing we have to a real-life superhero.
As she explained, the screening was Alexis’ idea, but it was a cultural experience she would never miss.
“This is a huge moment for us and for Black people,” Serena told the girls.
“We’ve never had a superhero movie,” she added. “So, we’re so excited. I feel like I’ve waited my whole life for this.”
There might be some Shuris among the group, and we hope they were paying attention to the possibilities.
- Remy Ma And Papoose Welcome Baby Girl
- Gary’s Tea: Future Has A Message For Ciara, Da Brat & LisaRaye Share Emotional Moment On Television & More
- Benzino Allegedly Facing Jail Time
- Coins For Christmas Starring Essence Atkins Premieres This Sunday On TV One
- CoverGirl Launches Full Spectrum, A Beauty Collection For Women Of Color
- Kodak Black: New Heat For Your Playlist
- Pharrell & Robin Thicke Ordered To Pay Marvin Gaye’s Family $5 Million In “Blurred Lines” Copyright Battle
- Single Mother Gets The Surprise Of A Lifetime From Her Bank [VIDEO]
- Cardi B Drives Rocks Out On ‘Carpool Karaoke’ [VIDEO]
- Florida Just Made It Even Harder To Prosecute Cops Who Shoot Unarmed Black People
Serena Williams Hosts Surprise “Black Panther” Screening For Black Girls was originally published on hellobeautiful.com