Doris Payne is known for being the famed jewelry thief that has made headlines for over six decades. Payne’s story will now come to the big screen as actress, Tessa Thompson will play the jewelry her. Thomson recently made the announcement on Twitter and is excited about it.
She said, “After chasing Doris and her story for years— and then keeping this secret for awhile— I’m screaming that this dream is coming true. She is a deeply fascinating woman. So pleased to bring this story to the screen with CodeBlack & Lionsgate. Beyond grateful.”
People can’t believe it, but are excited about the news. In 2013, a documentary was made about her titled, “The Life and Crimes of Doris Payne.” On numerous occasions she was arrested, but Thompson said, “I don’t have any regrets about stealing jewelry, I regret getting caught.”
RELATED: NYPD Is Ready To Arrest Quavo
- Gabrielle Union Keeps It Sleek In A Blazer And Jeans For Latest Ensemble
- Chloe Bailey Is Stunning In a Alexandre Vauthier One Shoulder Gown
- Clemson University ‘Affirmative Action Bake Sale’ Cookie Prices Based On The Buyer’s Race
- Ciara Shows Off Her Style In A Custom Black Gown
- New Bill Would Allow Inmates To Donate Their Organs For Reduced Sentences
- Here’s What To Expect At The 2023 Grammy Awards
- Is It Time To Rethink Police Traffic Stops?
- Jay-Z to Perform at Grammys With DJ Khaled and Lil Wayne
- Rickey Smiley Reveals Details Of “Standing Ovation” For His Late Son, Brandon
- White History Month Is Trending On Twitter Because…Of Course It Is!