LeBron James is bringing a 90s party back, but with a new twist.
The NBA legend continues his entertainment moves by reviving the celebrated House Party franchise. Atlanta writers Stephen Glover and Jamal Olori are penning the screenplay, while Lebron is teaming with his SpringHill Entertainment partner, Maverick Carter, to produce the flick.
Though House Party is loved by many, don’t expect the same movie from 1990.
“This is definitely not a reboot. It’s an entirely new look for a classic movie,” Lebron told The Hollywood Reporter. “Everyone I grew up with loved House Party. To partner with this creative team to bring a new House Party to a new generation is unbelievable.”
Lebron and his team are still deciding how the cast will look, and maybe even more importantly, who will handle the soundtrack. We’ll keep you updated as more info surfaces!
- Dave Chappelle Is Hosting A Free Block Party In Dayton, Ohio Following The City’s Mass Shooting
- Madame Tussauds Las Vegas Unveiled Their Aaliyah Wax Figure [PHOTO]
- Reginae Carter Buys Her First Crib, She Calls It Her “Dream Home”
- Cleveland Cop Accused Of Urinating On 12-Year Old Girl At School Bus Stop
- People Weren’t Too Pleased That Rihanna Will Honor Shaun King At Her Annual Diamond Ball
- “I’ve Done It Twice” Angela Bassett Reveals She’s Had Botox
- Dwight Howard Confirms Engagement To 21-Year-Old Te’a Cooper
- Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson Is Top-Paid Actor According To Forbes
- Producer Sues Drake & Big Freedia Over Allegedly Stealing Beat For “Nice For What”
- Any Time, Any Place: 6 Seniors Arrested for Public Sex
LeBron James Teams With “Atlanta” Writers For “House Party” Remake was originally published on globalgrind.com