LeBron James is bringing a 90s party back, but with a new twist.
The NBA legend continues his entertainment moves by reviving the celebrated House Party franchise. Atlanta writers Stephen Glover and Jamal Olori are penning the screenplay, while Lebron is teaming with his SpringHill Entertainment partner, Maverick Carter, to produce the flick.
Though House Party is loved by many, don’t expect the same movie from 1990.
“This is definitely not a reboot. It’s an entirely new look for a classic movie,” Lebron told The Hollywood Reporter. “Everyone I grew up with loved House Party. To partner with this creative team to bring a new House Party to a new generation is unbelievable.”
Lebron and his team are still deciding how the cast will look, and maybe even more importantly, who will handle the soundtrack. We’ll keep you updated as more info surfaces!
- Hot Spot: Drake & Taylor Swift To Release A Kanye West Diss Track?! [WATCH]
- Gary’s Tea: Kenya Moore Regrets Not Getting A Prenup With Marc Daly [WATCH]
- Tia Mowry and Cory Hardrict Divorcing After 14-Year Marriage
- Christian Walker Turns On His Father Calling Herschel A Liar Who Is ‘Making A Mockery of Us’
- Sierra Nevada & Buffalo Trace Distillery Team Up For Colonel E.H. Taylor Bourbon Barrel-Aged Bigfoot Brew
- Ryan Coogler Almost Quit Directing After Chadwick Boseman’s Death
- Raleigh, Atlanta, & The DMV Ranked Among The Best Places To Live
- Rihanna Steps Out In A Sexy Black Gown For A$AP Rocky’s 34th Birthday
- Remembering Keith “Wonderboy” Johnson
- After Attacking Kamala Harris Over North Korea, Turns Out Trump May Have Stolen Kim Jong Un Letters
LeBron James Teams With “Atlanta” Writers For “House Party” Remake was originally published on globalgrind.com