Kevilynn Gatson & Yunetta Smith are licensed professional counselors from their organization, The Process Is Real (TPR). They joined Rickey Smiley in-studio to talk about the importance of setting boundaries. They talked about people’s tendencies to struggle with telling people no, and why many of us don’t feel okay being honest with folks in that way.
They also explain how friends or loved ones who won’t accept your “no” can be emotionally manipulating you. “To live the life you want, you have to set boundaries.” They also break down why it’s not selfish to put yourself first, and why helping everybody else at the expense of your own happiness does no good. Check out this exclusive video to hear their insights in this clip from “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Get It Right: ‘Vogue’ Republishing Kamala Harris Issue With New Cover After Backlash
- GG Townson Explains The Pressure Of Playing In The Salt-N-Pepa Biopic [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Front Page News: Here’s What Joe And Kamala Are Doing On Their First Day In Office [WATCH]
- Rare Air Jordan 1’s Got Shine During The Inauguration [Photos]
- Kamala Harris Delivers First Speech As Madam Vice President
- Wild Thoughts: Fat Joe Partners With DJ Khaled For Joint OnlyFans Account
- Reversing Course: Joe Biden Signs Executive Actions Dissolving Trump’s Racist Policies
- Meena Harris Dressed Her Daughters In Matching Coats Just Like Auntie Kamala And Their Grandma Did In This Touching Throwback Photo
- The Mastermind Behind Michelle Obama’s Luxurious Inauguration Curls Is DMV’s Own Yene Damtew
- Kobe Bryant, Muhammad Ali & Other Sports Heroes To Be Immortalized With Statues In Disgraced President Donald Trump’s National Garden