The Central Park Five members were wrongfully convicted of raping a woman and recently spoke out against President Donald Trump. Yusef Salaam in 1989 along with several other young men were jailed for the rape of a White jogger in Central Park. The teens were accused for the crime and Trump during that time paid nearly $85,000 for a full page ads to run.
He put them out in in several newspapers in New York City and wanted the young men executed. Trump recently tweeted after the resignation of a White House staff member who was accused of domestic violence. He said, “Peoples lives are being shattered and destroyed by a mere allegation. Some are true and some are false. Some are old and some are new. There is no recovery for someone falsely accused – life and career are gone. Is there no such thing any longer as Due Process?”
Salaam said during an interview, “Here you had Donald Trump taking out a full page ad, two weeks in, rushing to judgment. Finding out 13 years later after he did all that that we were not the real culprits. The Central Park Five, their families. We were not able to move on with our lives. Our lives were completely destroyed and devastated. Any kind of dream or idea or goal that we had in life was quickly erased by this accusation.” Raymond Santana another member of Central Park Five said, “[He] should have spoke like that back in 1989.” Ava DuVernay then retweeted their statements and added that the stories will be told.
- Janelle Tells Why The Pressure Is Greater For Her While Making Music Instead Of Movies [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Black Tony Tells How He Ended Up At The Royal Wedding [EXCLUSIVE]
- Kanye West Looking For Publicist
- What Was Wrong With The Royal Wedding [EXCLUSIVE]
- Roy Wood Jr. Prank Calls A Woman With A Headache Who’s Ready To Fight Him & His Sister [EXCLUSIVE]
- Rickey Smiley: “Before You Say Yes, Get Into The Details Of What You’re Saying Yes To” [EXCLUSIVE]
- Jemele Hill Named NABJ’s 2018 Journalist Of The Year
- Joke Of The Day: Why Do Bananas Need Sunscreen? [EXCLUSIVE]
- Why The LGBTQ Community Came For Cardi B & Rita Ora [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Kendrick Lamar Stops White Fan He Brought Onstage After She Says N**** [VIDEO]