“Black Panther” is only a couple of days away from being released in theaters and fans are ready. Recently a petition circled around on Change.org calling on Marvel Studios as well as The Walt Disney Company to give 25% of the profits from the film to the Black community. In an article on Huffington Post they state a user named Chaz Gormley created the petition.
Gormley is calling for profits because the movie directly targets the Black community. The petition says, “Through a clever, well-manufactured marketing campaign Marvel Studios and their parent company The Walt Disney Company have targeted the Black community with their advertisements for the upcoming ‘Black Panther’ film, due to release on February 16, 2018. As marginalized groups have become more vocal, corporations and their savvy public relations departments have turned to catering to these groups – to turn a profit – and this film by Marvel Studios is no different.”
He also mentions that because the film is coming out during Black History Month, the director is Black as well as most of the cast it is only right that the community profits from it. The petition now has over 600 signatures and is using certain hashtags such as #BreakBreadMarvel on social media. Do you agree with this petition?
- Rudy Giuliani, Whose Unconstitutional Stop-And-Frisk Policy Was Racist, Joins Trump’s Legal Team
- Wendy Williams Came For The Clark Sisters & The Gospel World Came Back At Her [VIDEO]
- Is Ne-Yo Cheating On His Wife? [EXCLUSIVE]
- The Interesting Way Kanye West Returned To Twitter [EXCLUSIVE]
- 3 Things You Should Know About Relationships [EXCLUSIVE]
- How Meek Mill Was Setup To Fail [EXCLUSIVE]
- Juicy Talks About Getting Into It With Da Brat Over Messy Mariah Carey [EXCLUSIVE]
- Fabolous Asks For Delay In Emily B Domestic Violence Case
- Church Announcements: What To Do With Money Saved From Boycotting Starbucks [EXCLUSIVE]
- NBA Rallies Around Gregg Popovich After Passing Of His Wife