“Black Panther” is only a couple of days away from being released in theaters and fans are ready. Recently a petition circled around on Change.org calling on Marvel Studios as well as The Walt Disney Company to give 25% of the profits from the film to the Black community. In an article on Huffington Post they state a user named Chaz Gormley created the petition.
Gormley is calling for profits because the movie directly targets the Black community. The petition says, “Through a clever, well-manufactured marketing campaign Marvel Studios and their parent company The Walt Disney Company have targeted the Black community with their advertisements for the upcoming ‘Black Panther’ film, due to release on February 16, 2018. As marginalized groups have become more vocal, corporations and their savvy public relations departments have turned to catering to these groups – to turn a profit – and this film by Marvel Studios is no different.”
He also mentions that because the film is coming out during Black History Month, the director is Black as well as most of the cast it is only right that the community profits from it. The petition now has over 600 signatures and is using certain hashtags such as #BreakBreadMarvel on social media. Do you agree with this petition?
- Jay-Z Rips Into The Mayor Of Philadelphia For Moving “Made In America” And He Responds
- LeBron James, Jayson Tatum & DeMar DeRozan’s “NBA 2K19” Ratings Revealed
- 2018 Most Stressed Cities In America
- White Man Called Cops On Black Man Over Hard Foul In Pickup Basketball
- Why People Are Criticizing R. Kelly’s Ex-Wife [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Rickey Smiley Explains Why It’s So Important To Get Educated About Politics Now More Than Ever [EXCLUSIVE]
- Shuri From “Black Panther” Is Getting Her Own Marvel Series
- Did LeBron James Join The Lakers For Nothing? [EXCLUSIVE]
- Black Tony Blames Mike Mike For Missing Work [EXCLUSIVE]
- Man Who Threatened To Kill Maxine Waters’ Gets Insanely Weak Punishment