Roxane Gay is a critically acclaimed and New York Times best-selling author. She also was a writer for Marvel’s “Black Panther: World of Wakanda” comic series. The series was cancelled after six issues, but it still served as a major inspiration for the highly-anticipated Black Panther film’s style and storyline, according to an interview Chadwick Boseman gave in 2016.
So, isn’t it kind of messed up that she wasn’t invited to premiere of the movie that her work served as inspiration for? Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive clip from Gary’s Tea on “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- R. Kelly Sentenced To 30 Years In Prison In Federal Sex Trafficking & Abuse Case
- NFL Reportedly Wants Cleveland Browns QB Deshaun Watson To Be Suspended Indefinitely
- Hot Spot: Why Is P-Valley’s Sex Scene Getting Backlash? [WATCH]
- Gary’s Tea: It’s Gary’s Birthday! + Why Is Drake Ignoring His Fans? [WATCH]
- Jail Justice? Nipsey Hussle’s Accused Murderer Got Slashed, ‘Beaten’ Behind Bars, Lawyer Says
- Lori Harvey Reveals She’s In ‘A Really Good Space’ And Excited About The Summer
- ESPN Announces Full List Of Nominees for 2022 ESPY Awards
- Kyrie Irving Calls Out Stephen A. Smith On Twitter, The ‘First Take’ Host Responds
- Wendy Williams Opens Up About Her Battle With Lymphedema And Discusses Plans For A Podcast
- Florida Bans Cars Playing Loud Music 10 Years After Jordan Davis’ Murder