Isaiah Washington and Meta Golding sat down at “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” to talk about “Behind The Movement,” which airs on TVOne this Sunday. Isaiah explained why E.D. Nixon isn’t talked about like his contemporaries, even though he made monumental moves in the civil rights movement. Isaiah explains that E.D. & Rosa Parks had been looking for years for the right people to serve as symbols for the movement. He also reveals that Rosa Parks’ case served as the first of four that eventually lead to the official desegregation of Montgomery’s busses.
Plus, Meta explains the sacrifice Rosa Parks made by giving herself to the movement; her life was never the same. She never received any financial benefit, and was the target of harassment and terrorism her whole life. Check out this exclusive video to hear more in this clip from “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Watch Amazon’s Ol’ Dirty Bastard Mini-Doc ‘Unique: Return to The 36 Chambers’ 25 Years Later’ [Video]
- Megan Thee Stallion Has A Message For The Haters Tired of Seeing Her Twerking
- Trump Signs $2 Trillion Stimulus Package In Wake Of COVID-19 Pandemic
- Benedict College Staff Raised Money To Get Over 100 Struggling Students Home Amid COVID-19 Outbreak
- Coronavirus Updates: Dr. MJ Collier Says Black Men Are Dying At A Higher Rate [VIDEO]
- Gary’s Tea: Da Brat Opens Up About Her Relationship & More! [VIDEO]
- Digital Concert: Skip Marley To Perform Live On Rickey Smiley Morning Show’s Instagram [EXCLUSIVE]
- BEAUTIFUL NEWS: Crocs Giving Away Free Shoes To Healthcare Workers Fighting COVID-19 Crisis
- Venus Williams Hosting IG Live Workouts With Surprise Guest Today
- T.I. & Tiny: Friends & Family Hustle’s New Season Will Discuss Hymen Drama With Deyjah Harris