Isaiah Washington and Meta Golding sat down at “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” to talk about “Behind The Movement,” which airs on TVOne this Sunday. Isaiah explained why E.D. Nixon isn’t talked about like his contemporaries, even though he made monumental moves in the civil rights movement. Isaiah explains that E.D. & Rosa Parks had been looking for years for the right people to serve as symbols for the movement. He also reveals that Rosa Parks’ case served as the first of four that eventually lead to the official desegregation of Montgomery’s busses.
Plus, Meta explains the sacrifice Rosa Parks made by giving herself to the movement; her life was never the same. She never received any financial benefit, and was the target of harassment and terrorism her whole life. Check out this exclusive video to hear more in this clip from “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- GoFundMe Grows For Disabled Veteran Facing 5 Years In Prison Over Medical Marijuana
- Undefeated Boxer Travell “Black Magic” Mazion Dies In Texas Car Crash
- George Floyd’s Family Sues Minneapolis And Police Officers Involved In His Killing
- Kelly Rowland Speaks Out, Says She Felt Paralyzed By Beyoncé Comparisons For A Decade
- Nick Cannon Says ViacomCBS Finessed Him Out Of ‘Wild ‘N Out’ Ownership, Diddy Offers Lifeline
- Breonna Taylor Protesters Are Charged With Felonies As Her Killers Remain Free
- Viola Davis Stuns On ‘Vanity Fair’; Shot By A Black Photographer [Photos]
- Megan Thee Stallion Sets The Record Straight, Reveals She Was Shot Before Tory Lanez Arrest
- Bun B Shares Story About JAY-Z Giving Him The Boot From The Set of Beyoncé’s Video
- Hot Spot: Here’s Why Tamera Mowry-Housley Left The Real [WATCH]