Isaiah Washington and Meta Golding sat down at “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” to talk about “Behind The Movement,” which airs on TVOne this Sunday. Isaiah explained why E.D. Nixon isn’t talked about like his contemporaries, even though he made monumental moves in the civil rights movement. Isaiah explains that E.D. & Rosa Parks had been looking for years for the right people to serve as symbols for the movement. He also reveals that Rosa Parks’ case served as the first of four that eventually lead to the official desegregation of Montgomery’s busses.
Plus, Meta explains the sacrifice Rosa Parks made by giving herself to the movement; her life was never the same. She never received any financial benefit, and was the target of harassment and terrorism her whole life. Check out this exclusive video to hear more in this clip from “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Missy Elliott’s Urban One Honors Acceptance Speech Is The #BlackGirlMagic Moment We Needed
- A Lot of Celebs Had Babies Over the Weekend!
- ‘Bad Boys For Life’ Earns $73 Million At Box Office, ‘Bad Boys 4’ In The Works
- FBI ‘Honors’ Martin Luther King With Tone-Deaf Tweet That Revises Black History
- Rihanna & A$AP Rocky Spark Dating Rumors After Singer’s Reported Breakup
- Michelle Obama Shares Star-Studded Workout Playlist
- Kanye West On His Battle With Alcohol: ‘Devil, You’re Not Going to Beat Me Today’
- ‘Power’ Recap: Tommy Sets Out On His Quest For Revenge, Gets Much Needed Clarity Instead
- Howard Thurman Helped Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s Non-Violent Philosophy
- Hi, Rihanna: Rihanna & Hassan Jameel End Three-Year Relationship