Isaiah Washington and Meta Golding sat down at “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” to talk about “Behind The Movement,” which airs on TVOne this Sunday. Isaiah explained why E.D. Nixon isn’t talked about like his contemporaries, even though he made monumental moves in the civil rights movement. Isaiah explains that E.D. & Rosa Parks had been looking for years for the right people to serve as symbols for the movement. He also reveals that Rosa Parks’ case served as the first of four that eventually lead to the official desegregation of Montgomery’s busses.
Plus, Meta explains the sacrifice Rosa Parks made by giving herself to the movement; her life was never the same. She never received any financial benefit, and was the target of harassment and terrorism her whole life. Check out this exclusive video to hear more in this clip from “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Black Tony Announces That He’s Pregnant! [EXCLUSIVE]
- Kandi Burruss Pregnant? [EXCLUSIVE]
- Orlando Brown Checks Into Rehab
- White Woman Blocks Black Man From Entering His Apartment Building [VIDEO]
- Erica Mena Arrested For Drug Possession
- How To Save Money On Halloween
- GOP Contender Seeking Al Franken’s Senate Seat Called Michelle Obama A ‘Chimp’
- Netflix Cancels ‘Marvel’s Iron Fist’ After 2 Seasons
- Stacey Dash Reportedly Married Another Trump Worshiper Just 10 Days After They Met
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle Expecting Their First Child In 2019