Isaiah Washington and Meta Golding sat down at “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” to talk about “Behind The Movement,” which airs on TVOne this Sunday. Isaiah explained why E.D. Nixon isn’t talked about like his contemporaries, even though he made monumental moves in the civil rights movement. Isaiah explains that E.D. & Rosa Parks had been looking for years for the right people to serve as symbols for the movement. He also reveals that Rosa Parks’ case served as the first of four that eventually lead to the official desegregation of Montgomery’s busses.
Plus, Meta explains the sacrifice Rosa Parks made by giving herself to the movement; her life was never the same. She never received any financial benefit, and was the target of harassment and terrorism her whole life. Check out this exclusive video to hear more in this clip from “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Jay Rock Explains How He Became Affiliated With The Bloods [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Celeb Wedding Weekend: Tank, Pusha T & Jalen Rose Got Married! [PHOTOS]
- How The Stevie J & Faith Evans’ Family & Friends Reacted To Their Unexpected Marriage [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- “Power” Recap: The Jimenez Cartel Answers To A Higher Power Than The Feds
- YG Tells How Things Are Going Between Him & DJ Mustard [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Minnesota Republican Said Black People Have An “Entitlement Mentality” And “Addicted” To Welfare
- The Gucci-Dapper Dan Collection [PHOTOS]
- Racist White Hate Group Embraces Trump’s Treason By Recruiting Russians
- Offset’s Lawyer Says Rapper Is Being Targeted By Cops
- Home Depot Rehires Black Worker After Facing Criticism Over Firing Him For Standing Up To Racist Customer