Isaiah Washington and Meta Golding sat down at “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” to talk about “Behind The Movement,” which airs on TVOne this Sunday. Isaiah explained why E.D. Nixon isn’t talked about like his contemporaries, even though he made monumental moves in the civil rights movement. Isaiah explains that E.D. & Rosa Parks had been looking for years for the right people to serve as symbols for the movement. He also reveals that Rosa Parks’ case served as the first of four that eventually lead to the official desegregation of Montgomery’s busses.
Plus, Meta explains the sacrifice Rosa Parks made by giving herself to the movement; her life was never the same. She never received any financial benefit, and was the target of harassment and terrorism her whole life. Check out this exclusive video to hear more in this clip from “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- “Black Panther” Remains No. 1 At The Box Office After 5th Week
- Logic And His Wife Split
- The Roots’ SXSW Concert Cancelled Due To Bomb Threat
- Blue Ivy From Bids $19K On A Painting [VIDEO]
- Are Brandy, Fantasia & Jazmine Sullivan Recording A New Song Together?
- DC Museum Explores The Evolution And Influence Of HBCUs
- Why One Pastor Believes The Practicing Of Tithing Is Over [VIDEO]
- Update On Black Couple From “Seeking Sister Wife”
- Ex-NBA Player Glen “Big Baby” Davis Arrested For Selling Drugs
- Why Women Are Having Diamonds Implanted In Their Fingers [EXCLUSIVE]