Isaiah Washington and Meta Golding sat down at “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” to talk about “Behind The Movement,” which airs on TVOne this Sunday. Isaiah explained why E.D. Nixon isn’t talked about like his contemporaries, even though he made monumental moves in the civil rights movement. Isaiah explains that E.D. & Rosa Parks had been looking for years for the right people to serve as symbols for the movement. He also reveals that Rosa Parks’ case served as the first of four that eventually lead to the official desegregation of Montgomery’s busses.
Plus, Meta explains the sacrifice Rosa Parks made by giving herself to the movement; her life was never the same. She never received any financial benefit, and was the target of harassment and terrorism her whole life. Check out this exclusive video to hear more in this clip from “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Rickey Smiley Reveals Details Of “Standing Ovation” For His Late Son, Brandon
- The Hot Spot: How Will Ticketmaster Handle Demand Overload For Beyoncé Tickets [WATCH]
- Beyond Just Finances: More Ways You Can Support Black-Owned Businesses [WATCH]
- What Is Your Limit? Beyoncé Fans Willing To Risk It All Financially After Tour Announcement [WATCH]
- Savannah James Is Absolutely Serving In Latest Photos
- Omega Psi Phi Revokes Membership Of Three Officers Involved In Tyre Nichols’ Death
- Lizzo Reveals Her First Wax Figure Before It Arrives At Madame Tussauds
- Understanding The Impact Black History Has Made Globally [WATCH]
- Marjorie Taylor Greene Falsely Claims CRT Teaches Racism And 1 Illinois School Got $5.1B To Spend On Diversity
- AOC Rips GOP’s ‘Racism’ After Ilhan Omar Removed From Committee By House Republicans ‘Targeting Women Of Color’