Isaiah Washington and Meta Golding sat down at “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” to talk about “Behind The Movement,” which airs on TVOne this Sunday. Isaiah explained why E.D. Nixon isn’t talked about like his contemporaries, even though he made monumental moves in the civil rights movement. Isaiah explains that E.D. & Rosa Parks had been looking for years for the right people to serve as symbols for the movement. He also reveals that Rosa Parks’ case served as the first of four that eventually lead to the official desegregation of Montgomery’s busses.
Plus, Meta explains the sacrifice Rosa Parks made by giving herself to the movement; her life was never the same. She never received any financial benefit, and was the target of harassment and terrorism her whole life. Check out this exclusive video to hear more in this clip from “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Chadwick Boseman’s Wife Taylor Simone Ledward Tearfully Accepts Golden Globe Award On His Behalf
- Gary’s Tea: Woman Says T.I. Forced Her To Have Sex With Nelly, Allegedly [WATCH]
- T.I. Will Not Return For ‘Ant Man 3’ Amid Sexual Abuse Allegations
- Counselor Yunetta Spring Explores EMDR Therapy Strategy To Heal Stress & Trauma [WATCH]
- B.O.L.O Is Speaking Out On His RHOA Appearance, And This Is What He Had To Say…
- The Marathon Continues: Daniel Kaluuya Quotes Nipsey Hussle After Winning Golden Globe Award
- R. Kelly Gets Both COVID-19 Vaccine Shots
- You Care: Divorce Papers Reveal The Reason Kim Kardashian Divorced Kanye West
- Racist University Of Texas Song Shrugged Off By Alumni And Donors, Emails Show
- The ‘Derek Chauvin Trial’: Reminding Mainstream Media George Floyd Is Not Accused Of Murder