Isaiah Washington and Meta Golding sat down at “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” to talk about “Behind The Movement,” which airs on TVOne this Sunday. Isaiah explained why E.D. Nixon isn’t talked about like his contemporaries, even though he made monumental moves in the civil rights movement. Isaiah explains that E.D. & Rosa Parks had been looking for years for the right people to serve as symbols for the movement. He also reveals that Rosa Parks’ case served as the first of four that eventually lead to the official desegregation of Montgomery’s busses.
Plus, Meta explains the sacrifice Rosa Parks made by giving herself to the movement; her life was never the same. She never received any financial benefit, and was the target of harassment and terrorism her whole life. Check out this exclusive video to hear more in this clip from “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Chrissy Teigen Reveals Celebs Use Private Terminals at Airports
- An Era In Cinema: Movies Most Loved By Millennials This Decade
- Prosecutors Want R. Kelly To Appear In Brooklyn Court For Bribery Charges Via Video
- Lauren London Pays Tribute To Nipsey Hussle In Emotional “Forever Stronger” Puma Campaign
- Was Andy Cohen Being Shady For Calling Out NeNe For Wearing The Same Dress Twice?
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Accused By 7 More Women Of Groping
- That’s How I Feel: GIFs That Defined The Decade
- Miss USA, Miss America, Miss Teen USA And Miss Universe Are All Black Women
- Teacher Still Employed After Assigning ‘Set Your Price’ Slave Trade Assignment
- Exes Return, Relationships Are Tested & Houses Are Forclosed In #LHHNY’s Season 10 Super Trailer