Jermaine Dupri is being inducted into the Songwriter’s Hall of Fame! He is the second hip-hop maker to ever get inducted, after Jay-Z. Dupri, who has brought us countless timeless songs, like Usher‘s “Burn” and Mariah Carey‘s “We Belong Together” and “Always Be My Baby.” He has made an incredible imprint on hip-hop and R&B and is so deserving of the high honor.
Da Brat, who is a mentee and longtime collaborater with Dupri as a part of the So So Def family, is so excited to see him win this high accolade. She couldn’t make it to the Trumpet Awards to participate in the tribute to him, but she did record a heartfelt congratulatory message for him. Brat recalls her early days of learning from him, and his “weird” genius artist ways. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive clip from the Hip-Hop Spot on “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Alicia Keys Strikes A Pose In A Pat Bo Dress While On Vacation
- GRAPHIC: Tyre Nichols “Inhumane” Body Cam Footage Released
- Virginia Library Pays Nikole Hannah-Jones More Than $35K For ‘The 1619 Project’ Speech, And Some Are Unhappy
- Michole Briana White: Where You Know The Actress Who Plays Lucille Flenory On ‘BMF’ From
- TJ Holmes & Amy Robach Leaving ABC [UPDATED]
- Anika Kai Shows Us How To Upgrade Our French Manicure In Her Latest Tutorial
- Amber Rose Plans On Being Single Forever: “I Don’t Want To Have Sex…It’s So Gross.”
- Ben Crump Compares Tyre Nichols’ Footage To Rodney King: ‘Those Officers Did Not Extend Any Humanity’ [WATCH]
- Reginae Carter Oozes Style Goals On The Gram Yet Again
- Here’s Why Gas Prices Are Continuing To Rise In Maryland