Jermaine Dupri is being inducted into the Songwriter’s Hall of Fame! He is the second hip-hop maker to ever get inducted, after Jay-Z. Dupri, who has brought us countless timeless songs, like Usher‘s “Burn” and Mariah Carey‘s “We Belong Together” and “Always Be My Baby.” He has made an incredible imprint on hip-hop and R&B and is so deserving of the high honor.
Da Brat, who is a mentee and longtime collaborater with Dupri as a part of the So So Def family, is so excited to see him win this high accolade. She couldn’t make it to the Trumpet Awards to participate in the tribute to him, but she did record a heartfelt congratulatory message for him. Brat recalls her early days of learning from him, and his “weird” genius artist ways. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive clip from the Hip-Hop Spot on “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Governor Brian Kemp Drops Lawsuit Against Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms Over Atlanta’s Mask Mandate
- Boosie Gets Banned From Instagram & Begs Mark Zuckerberg For It Back
- It Begins: ‘Newsweek’ Wastes No Time Running Racist Birtherism Op-Ed About Kamala Harris Citizenship
- Quarantine Baby! Chrissy Teigen And John Legend Are Expecting Baby #3
- Ciara And Sienna Rock Matching Fros In ‘Rooted’ Single Art
- 3 Men Arrested For Allegedly Bribing and Intimidating Witnesses In R. Kelly Trial
- Going Postal: President Trump Seemingly Cops To Rigging The USPS In His Favor For Reelection Bid
- Mamba Forever: Orange County California Declares August 24 “Kobe Bryant Day”
- Piney Wood School: Make A Donation & Support Our Youth
- Ruff Ryders Founders Dee & Wah Reveal JAY-Z Cleared DMX’s $12M Debt At Def Jam