Jermaine Dupri is being inducted into the Songwriter’s Hall of Fame! He is the second hip-hop maker to ever get inducted, after Jay-Z. Dupri, who has brought us countless timeless songs, like Usher‘s “Burn” and Mariah Carey‘s “We Belong Together” and “Always Be My Baby.” He has made an incredible imprint on hip-hop and R&B and is so deserving of the high honor.
Da Brat, who is a mentee and longtime collaborater with Dupri as a part of the So So Def family, is so excited to see him win this high accolade. She couldn’t make it to the Trumpet Awards to participate in the tribute to him, but she did record a heartfelt congratulatory message for him. Brat recalls her early days of learning from him, and his “weird” genius artist ways. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive clip from the Hip-Hop Spot on “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Church Announcements with Bernice Jenkins: Tithing Discounts For Child-Claiming Tax Services [VIDEO]
- The Hot Spot: Treach Says The Real Reason He & Pepa Got Divorced Was Because She Cheated On Him With A Woman [VIDEO]
- Gary’s Tea: NeNe Leakes Accused Of Spitting On Kenya Moore [VIDEO]
- Trump Supporters Diamond And Silk Say He’s Being “Railroaded” The Way Blacks Were During Jim Crow
- Sister And Mom Of R. Kelly’s Girlfriend Show Solidarity With Matching Tattoos
- Issa Rae & Kumail Nanjiani Find Themselves On The Run In Comedic Trailer to ‘The Lovebirds’
- Erica Dixon Chewed Out For Not Vaccinating 8-Month Old Twins — She Claps Back!
- Ray J Talks Urban One Honors, Reveals How He Came Up With The “Epik” Name For His Son [VIDEO]
- Tisha Campbell “Shocked” By Martin’s Comments About Past Lawsuit [WATCH]
- This ‘Stranger Things’ Actor Failed Their Driver’s Test Twice!