Jermaine Dupri is being inducted into the Songwriter’s Hall of Fame! He is the second hip-hop maker to ever get inducted, after Jay-Z. Dupri, who has brought us countless timeless songs, like Usher‘s “Burn” and Mariah Carey‘s “We Belong Together” and “Always Be My Baby.” He has made an incredible imprint on hip-hop and R&B and is so deserving of the high honor.
Da Brat, who is a mentee and longtime collaborater with Dupri as a part of the So So Def family, is so excited to see him win this high accolade. She couldn’t make it to the Trumpet Awards to participate in the tribute to him, but she did record a heartfelt congratulatory message for him. Brat recalls her early days of learning from him, and his “weird” genius artist ways. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive clip from the Hip-Hop Spot on “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Hot Spot: Pretty Ricky Member Arrested For COVID Joke At Disney World [VIDEO]
- Here’s Why The CDC Reduced Quarantine Time From 14 Days To 7-10 Days
- Cynthia Bailey Reportedly Suing Ex-Husband Peter Thomas For $170,000
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court Seems Open To Bill Cosby’s Appeal At ‘Prior Bad Acts’ Hearing
- Ice-T Reveals His “No Masker” Father-In-Law’s Scary Bout With COVID-19 Has Now Made Him A Believer
- Meet Kamala Harris’ Unapologetically Black Senior Staff
- Gang Gang: Cardi B Apologizes For Having Almost 40 People At Thanksgiving
- Drake Is Releasing A Line Of Candles That Smell Like Himself
- Republican Blames Trump For Noose Sent To Election Worker: ‘It Has To Stop!’
- Everything You Need To Know About AARP Family Caregiving Support