Jermaine Dupri is being inducted into the Songwriter’s Hall of Fame! He is the second hip-hop maker to ever get inducted, after Jay-Z. Dupri, who has brought us countless timeless songs, like Usher‘s “Burn” and Mariah Carey‘s “We Belong Together” and “Always Be My Baby.” He has made an incredible imprint on hip-hop and R&B and is so deserving of the high honor.
Da Brat, who is a mentee and longtime collaborater with Dupri as a part of the So So Def family, is so excited to see him win this high accolade. She couldn’t make it to the Trumpet Awards to participate in the tribute to him, but she did record a heartfelt congratulatory message for him. Brat recalls her early days of learning from him, and his “weird” genius artist ways. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive clip from the Hip-Hop Spot on “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Report: Rapper Juice Wrld Dead At 21
- Syleena Johnson Shows Off 50-Pound Weight Loss [PHOTOS]
- K. Michelle Poses In Her Underwear To Bare The “Dents” And “Scars” Left Behind From Having Toxic Butt Injections Removed
- 2 Confirmed Dead, Multiple People Injured In Naval Air Station Pensacola Mass Shooting
- Florida Man Abandons Son On The Highway For Believing He Was Gay
- BET Is Developing A Miniseries On Andre Harrell’s Uptown Records
- New Charge Against R. Kelly Linked To His Marriage To Aaliyah
- Most Watched YouTube Music Videos of The Year
- WATCH: Disney Releases ‘Mulan’ Movie Trailer
- No Escape: 10 Songs From The 2010s That Got Played To Death