James Conley III went into an Old Navy store and was accused of stealing the jacket he wore in there. Conley recorded the entire ordeal and posted it on Facebook. According to Des Moines Register, the video not only sparked outrage, but was shared on social media over 148,000 times.
The store was closed for one day for an investigation. Gap Inc., which owns Old Navy released a statement and said, “Earlier this week an Old Navy customer, James Conley III, had an unacceptable experience in our Jordan Creek, Iowa store. The situation was a violation of our policies and values, and we apologize to both Mr. Conley and to those we’ve disappointed. All of our customers deserve to be treated with respect. Following a thorough investigation of the incident, three employees who were involved have been terminated. We take this matter – and every conversation around equality – very seriously. Old Navy is committed to ensuring that our stores are an environment where everyone feels welcome.”
The three employees since the incident have been fired. Conley filed a lawsuit and has spoken out about what he experienced at the store. We will keep you updated on this story.
- Woman Claims She Was Attacked By Bed Bugs While Sleeping At Disneyland Hotel
- Remy Ma And Papoose’s ‘Grease’ Inspired Baby Shower Was So Cute! [PHOTOS]
- President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper Ramps Up With Awards, Conference
- ‘Empire’ Recap: Cookie And Lucious Kill Kingsley With Kindness
- Lil Jon To Open Up Second School In Ghana
- Gary’s Tea: Nicki Minaj Reveals More About Her Dating Life, Michael B. Jordan Earns A Spot On GQ’s “Man Of The Year” & More
- Rickey Smiley On How He’s Challenging His Kids Now To Have Successful Careers In The Future
- White Professor Calls Police On Black Student Who Put Her Feet Up In Class [Video]
- Chance The Rapper Partners With MGM To Bring ‘Hope’ To The Big Screen
- Jumping The Broom! Toni Braxton To Marry By The End Of The Year [VIDEO]