James Conley III went into an Old Navy store and was accused of stealing the jacket he wore in there. Conley recorded the entire ordeal and posted it on Facebook. According to Des Moines Register, the video not only sparked outrage, but was shared on social media over 148,000 times.
The store was closed for one day for an investigation. Gap Inc., which owns Old Navy released a statement and said, “Earlier this week an Old Navy customer, James Conley III, had an unacceptable experience in our Jordan Creek, Iowa store. The situation was a violation of our policies and values, and we apologize to both Mr. Conley and to those we’ve disappointed. All of our customers deserve to be treated with respect. Following a thorough investigation of the incident, three employees who were involved have been terminated. We take this matter – and every conversation around equality – very seriously. Old Navy is committed to ensuring that our stores are an environment where everyone feels welcome.”
The three employees since the incident have been fired. Conley filed a lawsuit and has spoken out about what he experienced at the store. We will keep you updated on this story.
- For Papas Who Puff: Check Out These Smoker-Friendly Gifts For Father’s Day
- Michelle Williams Becomes “Merleen” To Clap Back At Fans Canceling “Cater 2 U” By Destiny’s Child
- The History Of Juneteenth Explained
- The RZA Confirms Season 2 Of ‘Wu-Tang: An American Saga’ In 2021
- Pharrell Williams Set To Open Private School For Low Income Families In Virginia
- Do You Live In One Of 2021’s Most Fun States in America?
- Phoenix Suns And Denver Nuggets Fans Get Into Fight: “Suns In Four!”
- Cedric The Entertainer Reacts To Katt Williams ‘Stolen Joke’ Allegations
- A Vaping Violation Leads To Violent Arrest Of 4 Black Teens At Ocean City Boardwalk
- Mommy And Me: Nicki Minaj And ‘Papa Bear’ Wear Coordinating Sweatsuits In Adorable Instagram Photo