The iconic singer confirmed the news on social media on Saturday.
“To put to rest any speculation or rumors as to whether I will be performing at the Super Bowl tomorrow; I will not,” she wrote.
“Thank you for your support and I do look forward to seeing you all very soon.”
This news has us like…
As we previously wrote, the last time the two performed together at a Super Bowl it spurred the infamous Nipplegate. Remember, back in 2004, at the end of hit song ‘Rock Your Body,’ Timberlake was supposed to pull off a part of Jackson’s costume to reveal her lacy bra, but instead her bare breast partially covered with a metal nipple pasty was exposed, sparking nationwide outrage.
CBS made Janet issue a public apology for the moment saying, “My decision to change the Super Bowl performance was made after the final rehearsal. MTV, CBS, [and] the NFL had no knowledge of this whatsoever and unfortunately, the whole thing went wrong in the end. I am really sorry if I offended anyone, that was truly not my intention.”
Even though she apologized, her invitation to present at the 2004 Grammys was rescinded while JT went on to win two trophies that night. Even worse: Apparently, Janet’s videos were blacklisted from MTV that happens to be owned by Viacom that also owns CBS.
Janet’s career paid a huge price, while Justin got a slap on the wrist.
While Janet won’t get her justice when it comes to the Super Bowl, Black Twitter–thanks to film director Matthew Cherry— has named Feb. 4 as #JanetJacksonAppreciationDay to celebrate her greatness:
Janet will always be our hero, Super Bowl performance or not!
- Gary’s Tea: Stevie J Opens Up About His Sex Life With Faith, K. Michelle Fan Pulls Out Subpoena On Her & More
- 2 Chainz Calls Out Nike After New Sneaker Is Released
- Tragic Video Shows Little Girl Doing Her Hair For Cheerleading Competition Before Home Exploded [VIDEO]
- Wendy Williams To Return To Her Talk Show After Long Break
- Jussie Smollett Turns Himself In Over Disorderly Conduct Charge [PHOTO]
- Superhero Guide To Black History Month: Kamala Harris
- Barack Obama Spent His Presidents’ Day With John Legend, Chrissy Teigen, And Ayesha & Stephen Curry [Photos]
- Remains Found Of Florida Teen Who May Have Witnessed 2017 Murder
- Police: Jussie Smollett Is Now a Suspect, Charges Pending
- ‘The Bobby DeBarge Story’ Featuring Big Boi, Adrian Marcel & Lloyd Is Coming To TV One
7 Ways 'Concussion' Will Change How You Watch The Super Bowl Forever
1. 7 Ways 'Concussion' Will Change How You Watch The Super Bowl ForeverSource: 1 of 6
2.Source: 2 of 6
3.Source: 3 of 6
4.Source: 4 of 6
5.Source: 5 of 6
6. Will You Be Watching?Source:Getty 6 of 6
Janet Jackson Confirms That She’s Not Performing With Justin Timberlake At The Super Bowl was originally published on hellobeautiful.com