Jay-Z is a rapper, mogul and sports agent that has had so much success. In his recent interview with Van Jones on CNN, the rapper discussed politics, Beyoncè and Colin Kaepernick. Jones asked him about what he would’ve done if he was representing Kaepernick during the time of his protest.
Jay-Z expressed that Kaepernick is an icon and will always be known as a hero. He said, “Look how many people play football. They’re not all going to be him. Like, he just put his name next to Muhammad Ali. Would you rather be playing football getting your head dinged in, or would you rather be an iconic figure for the rest of your life? We confuse the idea of having a job with fulfilling your purpose.”
While Kaepernick hasn’t been playing in the NFL he has helped raise money for different charities as well as inner city youth. Kaepernick with the help of several other celebrities also began the $1 million pledge. Even though many want Kaepernick to play football again he’s doing an amazing job at being a living legend and hero.
- Is Your Babe Your Best Friend? 5 Tips To Build Trust In Relationships
- Fight Breaks Out At LeBron James’ Los Angeles Debut, Lakers Lose To Rockets 124-115 [VIDEO]
- Chicago Police Suspect Foul Play In Disappearance of Kierra Coles But Has Poor Record Of Solving Homicides
- Mega Millions Is Officially Mega Billions As Jackpot Reaches $1.6 Billion
- Philly Songwriter Nets $44M In Lawsuit Over Usher Song
- Welp! Katt Williams Slams Hazel E As ‘Light Skin And Ugly’
- Hobosexual Hottie: Dave East Admits Good Looks Helped Keep Roof Over His Head
- How Watching A Married Couple Live Separately Made An Impression On Regina Hall [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Offset and Jay-Z Beef Over New Song? [EXCLUSIVE]
- Recipe: Rickey Smiley Cooks Up A Chicken Pot Pie Blunt [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]