Jay-Z is a rapper, mogul and sports agent that has had so much success. In his recent interview with Van Jones on CNN, the rapper discussed politics, Beyoncè and Colin Kaepernick. Jones asked him about what he would’ve done if he was representing Kaepernick during the time of his protest.
Jay-Z expressed that Kaepernick is an icon and will always be known as a hero. He said, “Look how many people play football. They’re not all going to be him. Like, he just put his name next to Muhammad Ali. Would you rather be playing football getting your head dinged in, or would you rather be an iconic figure for the rest of your life? We confuse the idea of having a job with fulfilling your purpose.”
While Kaepernick hasn’t been playing in the NFL he has helped raise money for different charities as well as inner city youth. Kaepernick with the help of several other celebrities also began the $1 million pledge. Even though many want Kaepernick to play football again he’s doing an amazing job at being a living legend and hero.
- Whitney Houston Hologram Tour Dates Announced!
- ‘Set it Off’ Remake On the Way with Issa Rae
- Keke Palmer Gets Candid About Zodiac Signs, Advice To Younger Self & More
- Lil Wayne Cancels St. Louis Concert Due To Police Altercation
- Wiz Khalifa Will Play Death In Upcoming Apple TV+ Show ‘Dickinson’
- Kamala Harris Calls For Impeachment Of Brett Kavanaugh After Sexual Misconduct Allegations
- Petty Papi: Drake Trolls Kanye West With New Hoodie
- Tamika Mallory Cuts Ties With Women’s March Amidst Infighting And Anti-Semitism Accusations
- Pimp C’s Wife Congratulates Megan Thee Stallion On Roc Nation Deal, Has A Lit Gift For Her
- Kevin Hart Sued By Sex Tape Partner For $60 Million, Claims He Was In On Secretly Recording It