Jay-Z is a rapper, mogul and sports agent that has had so much success. In his recent interview with Van Jones on CNN, the rapper discussed politics, Beyoncè and Colin Kaepernick. Jones asked him about what he would’ve done if he was representing Kaepernick during the time of his protest.
Jay-Z expressed that Kaepernick is an icon and will always be known as a hero. He said, “Look how many people play football. They’re not all going to be him. Like, he just put his name next to Muhammad Ali. Would you rather be playing football getting your head dinged in, or would you rather be an iconic figure for the rest of your life? We confuse the idea of having a job with fulfilling your purpose.”
While Kaepernick hasn’t been playing in the NFL he has helped raise money for different charities as well as inner city youth. Kaepernick with the help of several other celebrities also began the $1 million pledge. Even though many want Kaepernick to play football again he’s doing an amazing job at being a living legend and hero.
- Rickey Smiley Encourages Parents To Free Themselves [EXCLUSIVE]
- Why One Woman Was Denied A Job [EXCLUSIVE]
- Newark High School Principal Creates Laundry Room To Combat Bullying
- Black Tony Misses Work To Go To 2 Chainz Wedding [EXCLUSIVE]
- Was Nicki Minaj’s Twitter Rant Too Much? [EXCLUSIVE]
- Why Extra Security Is Needed At The MTV VMA’s [EXCLUSIVE]
- Rickey Smiley’s Message To Parents: “Don’t Allow Your Kids To Hold You In Bondage” [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Drake Disses Kanye West While Performing in Chicago
- Pastor Shirley Caesar Says Aretha Franklin Could Close A Show
- ‘Insecure’ Recap: Daniel Extends Issa’s Squatting Tour To His Bed