Jay-Z is a rapper, mogul and sports agent that has had so much success. In his recent interview with Van Jones on CNN, the rapper discussed politics, Beyoncè and Colin Kaepernick. Jones asked him about what he would’ve done if he was representing Kaepernick during the time of his protest.
Jay-Z expressed that Kaepernick is an icon and will always be known as a hero. He said, “Look how many people play football. They’re not all going to be him. Like, he just put his name next to Muhammad Ali. Would you rather be playing football getting your head dinged in, or would you rather be an iconic figure for the rest of your life? We confuse the idea of having a job with fulfilling your purpose.”
While Kaepernick hasn’t been playing in the NFL he has helped raise money for different charities as well as inner city youth. Kaepernick with the help of several other celebrities also began the $1 million pledge. Even though many want Kaepernick to play football again he’s doing an amazing job at being a living legend and hero.
- Black Candidates Making Significant Strides In 2018 Primary Elections
- T.I. Spotted Backstage With Another Woman [VIDEO]
- JAY-Z Denies Secret Love Child On “Heard About Us”
- Rich The Kid’s Girlfriend Recounts Home Invasion Assault [VIDEO]
- Airline Industry Seems Unable To Clean Up Its Act When It Comes To Racism
- Keshia Knight Pulliam Drags Her Ex In Rap Song [VIDEO]
- Don’t Believe The Myth That Black Fathers Are Not There For Their Children
- Kyrie Irving Apologizes To His Ex Kehlani On Instagram
- Bus Driver Convicted Of Killing Six Kids In Deadly Crash Now Charged With Rape Of 14-Year-Old Girl
- Kirk Franklin Reveals His Sister Has Been Sentenced To 30 Years In Prison