Jay-Z is a rapper, mogul and sports agent that has had so much success. In his recent interview with Van Jones on CNN, the rapper discussed politics, Beyoncè and Colin Kaepernick. Jones asked him about what he would’ve done if he was representing Kaepernick during the time of his protest.
Jay-Z expressed that Kaepernick is an icon and will always be known as a hero. He said, “Look how many people play football. They’re not all going to be him. Like, he just put his name next to Muhammad Ali. Would you rather be playing football getting your head dinged in, or would you rather be an iconic figure for the rest of your life? We confuse the idea of having a job with fulfilling your purpose.”
While Kaepernick hasn’t been playing in the NFL he has helped raise money for different charities as well as inner city youth. Kaepernick with the help of several other celebrities also began the $1 million pledge. Even though many want Kaepernick to play football again he’s doing an amazing job at being a living legend and hero.
- South Carolina Fifth Grader Died Of Natural Causes, Not A Fight According To Officials
- Howard Students Feel Disrespected By Residents Who Think The Campus Should Be Moved
- Brian Banks Accused Of Masturbating In Front Of Maid, Slapped With $10M Lawsuit
- Remy Ma Accused of Punching Former ‘Love & Hip-Hop’ Co-Star
- 10-Year-Old Dancer Born With Rare Disease Goes Viral For Doing Flips With Her Prosthetic Leg [VIDEO]
- K. Michelle’s Surrogate Confirms She’s Carrying Twins [VIDEO]
- Is Social Media Stalking Detrimental To Our Mental Health?
- TSA Agents Reveal Their Body Scanners Might Be Discriminatory Against Black Women
- Watch: Lil Dicky Debuts “Earth” Song & Short Film to Raise Awareness For Climate Change & The Environment
- For People Asking What Ciara’s Prayer Was To Receive A Rare, Christ-Loving, Black, NFL Star, She Answered