Jay-Z is a rapper, mogul and sports agent that has had so much success. In his recent interview with Van Jones on CNN, the rapper discussed politics, Beyoncè and Colin Kaepernick. Jones asked him about what he would’ve done if he was representing Kaepernick during the time of his protest.
Jay-Z expressed that Kaepernick is an icon and will always be known as a hero. He said, “Look how many people play football. They’re not all going to be him. Like, he just put his name next to Muhammad Ali. Would you rather be playing football getting your head dinged in, or would you rather be an iconic figure for the rest of your life? We confuse the idea of having a job with fulfilling your purpose.”
While Kaepernick hasn’t been playing in the NFL he has helped raise money for different charities as well as inner city youth. Kaepernick with the help of several other celebrities also began the $1 million pledge. Even though many want Kaepernick to play football again he’s doing an amazing job at being a living legend and hero.
- Perdue Chicken Chimes In On Nicki Minaj and Miley Cyrus Beef
- Soulja Boy Kidnapping Case Gets Rejected By Prosecutors
- Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms Launches Youth Mentoring Initiative
- Fans Await Little League Phenom Mo’ne Davis’ Hampton University Debut
- Lil Durk Fresh Out The Can, Links Up With Childhood Pastor
- 10 Struggles 90’s Kids Dealt With That Kids Today Can’t Relate To At All
- Kobe Bryant & Wife Vanessa Welcome Baby Girl, Capri Kobe Bryant [PHOTO]
- Ashley Graham Shares Email From A Racist Troll Calling Her Husband A “Brain Dead N****”
- Dave Chappelle, Spike Lee, 50 Cent, And More To Be Honored With Stars On The Hollywood Walk Of Fame
- Mother Of 4 Dead Hours After Contracting Mysterious Illness In Dominican Republic