Jay-Z is a rapper, mogul and sports agent that has had so much success. In his recent interview with Van Jones on CNN, the rapper discussed politics, Beyoncè and Colin Kaepernick. Jones asked him about what he would’ve done if he was representing Kaepernick during the time of his protest.
Jay-Z expressed that Kaepernick is an icon and will always be known as a hero. He said, “Look how many people play football. They’re not all going to be him. Like, he just put his name next to Muhammad Ali. Would you rather be playing football getting your head dinged in, or would you rather be an iconic figure for the rest of your life? We confuse the idea of having a job with fulfilling your purpose.”
While Kaepernick hasn’t been playing in the NFL he has helped raise money for different charities as well as inner city youth. Kaepernick with the help of several other celebrities also began the $1 million pledge. Even though many want Kaepernick to play football again he’s doing an amazing job at being a living legend and hero.
- Rickey Smiley’s Son, Brandon, Passed Away At 32
- Alicia Keys Strikes A Pose In A Pat Bo Dress While On Vacation
- GRAPHIC: Tyre Nichols “Inhumane” Body Cam Footage Released
- Virginia Library Pays Nikole Hannah-Jones More Than $35K For ‘The 1619 Project’ Speech, And Some Are Unhappy
- Michole Briana White: Where You Know The Actress Who Plays Lucille Flenory On ‘BMF’ From
- TJ Holmes & Amy Robach Leaving ABC [UPDATED]
- Anika Kai Shows Us How To Upgrade Our French Manicure In Her Latest Tutorial
- Amber Rose Plans On Being Single Forever: “I Don’t Want To Have Sex…It’s So Gross.”
- Ben Crump Compares Tyre Nichols’ Footage To Rodney King: ‘Those Officers Did Not Extend Any Humanity’ [WATCH]
- Reginae Carter Oozes Style Goals On The Gram Yet Again