Ne-Yo is about to have another son.
The artist, whose real name is Shaffer Smith, joined his wife Crystal to host a royal-themed gender reveal party in Los Angeles on Saturday, held in honor of their second child on the way.
According to People.com, the big reveal followed an evening of elegant desserts, as partygoers — including the couple’s 22-month-old son Shaffer Chimere Jr. — gathered on the rooftop to shoot off powder guns to reveal a blue hue, meaning a baby boy.
The couple wanted the event to be focused on giving back, asking attendees to bring a gift for a mom or baby who is part of Jenesse Center, Inc., a domestic violence intervention program based in Los Angeles.
Also invited to the “Prince or Princess?”-themed bash? The first 100 guests who messaged the mom-to-be on Instagram, and were asked to make a donation to the Jenesse Center.
People confirmed in October that NE-YO, 38, and his wife of almost two years are expecting their second bundle of joy together. The singer is also dad to two children from a previous relationship: son Mason Evan, 6, and daughter Madilyn Grace, 7.
Decorated by celebrity-loved planner Cairo’s Custom Events, the sweet soirée was hosted by publicist Anita Chatterjee (who is also the baby’s godmother), Project Fly LA and The Smith Family Foundation, which NE-YO and his family founded in 2007.
- Watch: Beautiful ‘Last Black Man In San Francisco’ Trailer Tackles Gentrification With Tichina Arnold, Danny Glover & More
- #BlackGirlMagic: 16-Year-Old Accepted Into Five Law Schools
- She’s Back! ‘Claws’ Cutie Karrueche Confirms Her Return As A Bedazzled Eyepatch Rocking Virginia [VIDEO]
- Condolences: Megan Thee Stallion’s Mother, Holly Thomas, Passes Away
- Porsha Williams Gives Birth To Baby Girl! [PHOTOS]
- Cam Newton Says He Gave Up Sex As Part Of His Monthly Challenges To Be Better [VIDEO]
- “One on One” Creator, Notable Television Writer & Producer Eunetta T. Boone Dead At 63
- 5-Year-Old Boy Dies After Being Crushed By Table At Church [VIDEO]
- Wendy Williams Husband Kevin Hunter Releases Statement
- TLC’s Story May Be Headed To Broadway!
The Cutest Celebrity Babies That Make Our Hearts Melt
1. Tyga and Blac Chyna’s son King Cairo is one pretty baby!Source: 1 of 10
2. Usher’s first born Usher Raymond V is a spitting image of the R&B cutie!Source: 2 of 10
3. Alicia Keys & Swizz Beats son Egypt is too cute!Source: 3 of 10
4. Kenzo Lee melts our hearts before his first day of schoolSource: 4 of 10
5. We love Wiz Khalifa, but we just want to pinch his son The Bash’s cheeks!Source: 5 of 10
6. Gwen Stefani’s son Apollo is a bundle of cuteness!Source: 6 of 10
7. Blue Ivy Carter definitely gets her expressions from daddy HovSource: 7 of 10
8. Monica and Shannon Brown are beautiful people and can make just as beautiful their baby girl Laiyah!Source: 8 of 10
9. Pharrell can’t wait for the world to experience Rocket’s hidden talents!Source: 9 of 10
10. Nahla Aubry was such a little cutie when she was first born!Source: 10 of 10
(Photo Credit: PRPhotos)
Ne-Yo & Wife Crystal Throw Charitable Party For Baby Gender Reveal was originally published on blackamericaweb.com