Mo’Nique made a video after reportedly turning down a $500,000 offer from Netflix to do a comedy special. In the video, she implored her viewers to boycott Netflix, and detailed her back-and-forth with the company about her pay. She compared her offer to the $20 million Netflix offered Chris Rock & Dave Chappelle, as well as the $11 million Amy Schumer was offered, which she negotiated up to $13 million.
Mo’Nique’s call for a boycott isn’t going too well, however, as people don’t seem to agree with the academy winning actress & comedian. Rickey Smiley points out, while she very well is a legend, there’s different levels to legendary, and her level may not warrant her going about the situation in this way. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive clip from “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” at 6am ET.
- Put Some Respek on Her Name: Was Maya Angelou’s Response To This Girl Rude?
- Soledad O’Brien Mourns The Loss Of Her Mother Just 40 Days After Her Father’s Death
- Trailer: Dennis Quaid Is Meagan Good and Michael Ealy’s Worst Nightmare In ‘The Intruder’ [VIDEO]
- Don’t Be A Creep: Twitter Calls Out Kodak Black For Sexually Harassing Young M.A
- Meek Mill Drops First Trailer for Amazon Prime 6-Part Docu-Series ‘Free Meek’
- 8 Things We Learned From J. Cole’s Interview With ‘GQ’
- Louisiana Accidentally Gave Back $26 Million In Tax Refunds
- True Story: One Woman Almost Dies From A Stroke After Bae Shows Her What Dat Mouf Do
- Scholarship Created in Name of Slain Chicago Doctor
- Alicia Keys Will Release Her Memoir ‘More Myself’ In November