Viola Davis knows how to capture an audiences attention with her speeches. We can all recall her Oscars speech that made people have chills and once again Davis left us all in awe at this years Women’s March. Davis got on stage wearing her leather jacket, beautiful hair and was ready to take charge.
According to The Root, she opened her speech with a quote by Malcolm X and then talked about Jim Crow laws that restricted people of certain races from voting, getting an education as well as receiving medical treatment. She also said, “We only move forward when it doesn’t cost us anything. But I’m here today saying that no one and nothing can be great unless it costs you something.”
Davis spoke about sexual assault, gave unbelievable statics about rape and sexual assault and talked about Black girls that are trafficked. She talked about Recy Taylor, who was ganged raped by six White men. Davis ended her speech by saying,”Ain’t nobody free til we all free.” The actress also stated that we must keep fighting for change.
- Brian McKnight Responds To His Children’s Claims That He Abandoned Them
- LeToya Luckett Says Getting Kicked Out Of Destiny’s Child Pushed Her Closer To God
- NJ Woman Torches Man’s House After He Stood Her Up For Late-Night Sex
- NeNe Leakes Reveals She Experienced Depression And Took Medication While Caring For Gregg Leakes
- Prosecutors Have Found A Decade’s Worth Of Evidence Against R. Kelly
- NYPD Finally Fires Daniel Pantaleo, Officer Who Killed Eric Garner In Chokehold
- Michigan Couple Finds KKK Memorabilia While Touring A Police Officer’s Home
- HBO Accuses Michael Jackson’s Estate Of Violating Their First Amendment Rights With Lawsuit
- A Cancer Research Fund Has Been Launched In Honor Of Aretha Franklin
- Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson Weds Girlfriend Lauren Hashian In Hawaii [PHOTO]