The Harlem Shake is a popular dance that went viral years ago. According to VIBE, the co-creator of the dance, Jesse “Smiley” Rutland was murdered. He was shot in his Brooklyn home and his children were in the apartment during this incident.
Rutland was apart of the Crazy Boyz Dance Crew that helped put life behind the famous dance again in the early 2000’s. Fans of the dance watched it in music videos for Chris Brown, Eve and Diddy. To many that love The Harlem Shake, they say, “It’s not a dance, it’s a movement.”
Rutland made a statement about the dance in 2013 saying, “We’re just using whatever recognition we have to reach the youth so they can feel bigger than themselves and think, ‘I am somebody.” The group made an announcement about Rutland and mentioned his 6-year-old son tried to revive him. Police arrested the suspect, Kumar Reid. He was charged with second-degree murder as well as weapons possession.
- Meet The Black Republican Who Hated “Black Panther”
- LHHNY Recap: Bianca Bonnie Continues Her Bridge Burning Tour
- Toni Braxton Confirms Engagement To Birdman
- Mariah Carey Has A Message For Fergie
- Marvel Studio Head Is Already Thinking About “Black Panther” Sequel
- Viola Davis On Being Called The Black Meryl Streep: “Then Pay Me What I’m Worth!” [VIDEO]
- Fergie Gets Dragged To A Star-Spangled Hell For Her Rendition Of The National Anthem [VIDEO]
- Ben Carson Reportedly Has A “Positive Influence” On Trump And We Can’t Find Receipts
- What Chrissy Teigen Doesn’t Know About Her Husband John Legend [VIDEO]
- Doctors Amputated Woman’s Hands And Feet After Gruesome Surgical Mistake