The Harlem Shake is a popular dance that went viral years ago. According to VIBE, the co-creator of the dance, Jesse “Smiley” Rutland was murdered. He was shot in his Brooklyn home and his children were in the apartment during this incident.
Rutland was apart of the Crazy Boyz Dance Crew that helped put life behind the famous dance again in the early 2000’s. Fans of the dance watched it in music videos for Chris Brown, Eve and Diddy. To many that love The Harlem Shake, they say, “It’s not a dance, it’s a movement.”
Rutland made a statement about the dance in 2013 saying, “We’re just using whatever recognition we have to reach the youth so they can feel bigger than themselves and think, ‘I am somebody.” The group made an announcement about Rutland and mentioned his 6-year-old son tried to revive him. Police arrested the suspect, Kumar Reid. He was charged with second-degree murder as well as weapons possession.
- One Player Who Is Still Kneeling With Colin Kaepernick
- Church Announcements: What Happened When 5 Pitbull Puppies Were Let Loose In The Church Van [EXCLUSIVE]
- Gucci Mane Soaking In The Blue Lagoon [VIDEO]
- Netflix Boots Top Executive Over N-Word Use
- Why Can’t Some Black Women Let Go Of R. Kelly? [VIDEO]
- XXXTentacion Laced His Family With New Cribs Before Murder
- Priest Slaps A Crying Baby [VIDEO]
- Man Considers Legal Action After Racist Manager Called Cops To Ban Him From Grocery Store
- Avoid Co-Parenting Drama With These Simple Steps
- Rickey Smiley Explains What Qualifies As A Man Law Violation [EXCLUSIVE]