Taraji P. Henson might play ‘Cookie Lyon’ on the hit show “Empire,” but she is breaking into a new role. The actress talked with Gary With Da Tea about her new movie “Proud Mary.” She mentioned that this movie is perfect timing for women.
It shows how strong they are, changes the narrative and shows our power. Gary called her a young Pam Grier and she mentioned that she did think about her while doing this role. Henson also talked about how this role challenged her and made her become even more of a badass.
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” 6am ET.
- Juicy Talks About Getting Into It With Da Brat Over Messy Mariah Carey [EXCLUSIVE]
- Fabolous Asks For Delay In Emily B Domestic Violence Case
- Church Announcements: What To Do With Money Saved From Boycotting Starbucks [EXCLUSIVE]
- NBA Rallies Around Gregg Popovich After Passing Of His Wife
- Mariah Carey Discussion Gets Heated [EXCLUSIVE]
- What Drake Has In Common With Elvis Presley [EXCLUSIVE]
- Black Man Gunned Down By Police At A California Walmart
- Toni Braxton Wants A Great Gatsby Theme Wedding With Birdman
- How To Win Money From “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” ATM! [CONTEST]
- New Orleans Teen Accepted To 83 Colleges