Taraji P. Henson might play ‘Cookie Lyon’ on the hit show “Empire,” but she is breaking into a new role. The actress talked with Gary With Da Tea about her new movie “Proud Mary.” She mentioned that this movie is perfect timing for women.
It shows how strong they are, changes the narrative and shows our power. Gary called her a young Pam Grier and she mentioned that she did think about her while doing this role. Henson also talked about how this role challenged her and made her become even more of a badass.
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” 6am ET.
- Ben Carson’s Unqualified Son And Wife Work At HUD And People Are Upset
- 24th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards [PHOTOS]
- Kim Zolciak Now Says Kandi Burruss Never Sexually Propositioned Her
- Lupita Nyong’o To Write Children’s Book Set To Inspire And Uplift Dark-Skinned Black Girls
- 25 Black Atlanta Teens Selected For Harvard’s Summer Residency
- Tracee Ellis Ross Sets The Record Straight About Reports Of Leaving “Black-ish”
- Malia Obama And Rumored Boyfriend Live It Up In The Big Apple [PHOTOS]
- Ciara Dragged After Being Accused Of Slamming Single Women
- Mom Co-Signs College After Daughter Is Expelled For Racism
- GRIFF’s Prayer: Jesus Help Me To Lose Weight So I Can Wear Different Clothes [VIDEO]