Taraji P. Henson might play ‘Cookie Lyon’ on the hit show “Empire,” but she is breaking into a new role. The actress talked with Gary With Da Tea about her new movie “Proud Mary.” She mentioned that this movie is perfect timing for women.
It shows how strong they are, changes the narrative and shows our power. Gary called her a young Pam Grier and she mentioned that she did think about her while doing this role. Henson also talked about how this role challenged her and made her become even more of a badass.
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” 6am ET.
- Melvin Edmonds Of ‘After 7’ Has Passed Away
- Mom Banned From School After She Offers To Put The Paws On Anyone Who Bullies Her Daughter
- Chilli & T-Boz Say They’ve Turned Down #RHOA Offers Multiple Times
- Mo’Nique Takes No Pleasure In Lee Daniels And Steve Harvey Losing Their Jobs
- Monica Opens Up About Her Divorce From Shannon Brown [VIDEO]
- Taco Bell to Open Its Own Palm Springs Hotel This Coming Year
- Charles Barkley Recounts Taking His Clothes off and Doing ‘Karate Kid’ Moves in a Fight
- Gabrielle Union Talks About Initially Hiding Her Identity From Her Surrogate
- Our Forever First Lady Michelle Obama Will Headline ESSENCE Festival This Year
- People Are Using Ramen Noodles To Fix Broken Items In Their Houses [WATCH]