Taraji P. Henson might play ‘Cookie Lyon’ on the hit show “Empire,” but she is breaking into a new role. The actress talked with Gary With Da Tea about her new movie “Proud Mary.” She mentioned that this movie is perfect timing for women.
It shows how strong they are, changes the narrative and shows our power. Gary called her a young Pam Grier and she mentioned that she did think about her while doing this role. Henson also talked about how this role challenged her and made her become even more of a badass.
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” 6am ET.
- Free Smoke: Drake Finally Speaks On Pusha T & Kanye West Beef
- Trump Tells Black People To ‘Honor’ Him By Voting Republican In November
- High School Marching Band Causes Outrage After ‘John Q’ Halftime Skit
- Church Announcements: Why Pastor Won’t Be Holding On To Anyone While Baptizing Them [EXCLUSIVE]
- Starz Signs 50 Cent To Multiyear Project Deal
- On God?: Lauryn Hill Says She Canceled Nashville Show Due To Hurricane Michael
- Rock-T’s NFL Picks: Week 6 [VIDEO]
- Estate Of Prince Wants Donald Trump To Stop Playing “Purple Rain” At Rallies
- Algee Smith Wants To Be The Modern Day Will Smith For Music & Television [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Take A Look: Kehlani Announces She’s Pregnant With A Photo!