Lil Peep (born Gus Ahr) was remembered by family, friends and fans at a memorial service in Long Beach, New York Saturday (December 2nd). The service also reached thousands of Peep’s fans via live stream, where it now lives on YouTube.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Lil Peep’s mother Liza Womack, spoke proudly of her son’s legacy. “He lived his own life on his own terms,” she declared. “He was a stubborn, driven, talented, crafty, observant, and tender young man. Gus was also vulnerable.” Peep’s grandmother Jenny Kastner read letters from fans while visitors were encouraged to write messages on a memorial banner in honor of the late rapper.
Rock band Good Charlotte paid homage by performing a rendition of Peep’s song “Awful Things”, which was shown towards the end of the service.
Lil’ Peep passed away from a suspected overdose on November 15th. He was 21 years old. Check out footage from the service below.
- Juicy Talks About Auditioning For “Claws” And Getting Cast For A Role! [EXCLUSIVE]
- Obama Wants To See More Women Get Into Politics: “Men Have Been Getting On My Nerves Lately” [VIDEO]
- Trevor Noah Accused Of Racism After Saying “Africa Won The World Cup” [VIDEO]
- Man Inappropriately Touched By Cop During Abusive Stop-And-Frisk In Washington D.C., Lawsuit Says
In Memoriam: Celebrities We Lost In 2017
1. Mary Tyler Moore, 801 of 4
2. Lee “Q” O’Denat, 432 of 4
3. Bishop Eddie Long, 633 of 4
4. Roy Innis, 824 of 4
SOURCE: HNHH | IMAGE CREDIT: Getty
Lil’ Peep Honored In A Live-Streamed Memorial Service [VIDEO] was originally published on globalgrind.com