Lil Peep (born Gus Ahr) was remembered by family, friends and fans at a memorial service in Long Beach, New York Saturday (December 2nd). The service also reached thousands of Peep’s fans via live stream, where it now lives on YouTube.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Lil Peep’s mother Liza Womack, spoke proudly of her son’s legacy. “He lived his own life on his own terms,” she declared. “He was a stubborn, driven, talented, crafty, observant, and tender young man. Gus was also vulnerable.” Peep’s grandmother Jenny Kastner read letters from fans while visitors were encouraged to write messages on a memorial banner in honor of the late rapper.
Rock band Good Charlotte paid homage by performing a rendition of Peep’s song “Awful Things”, which was shown towards the end of the service.
Lil’ Peep passed away from a suspected overdose on November 15th. He was 21 years old. Check out footage from the service below.
- Psychic Wayne On The Deal With Russell Simmons & Sexual Assault Accusations [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Omarosa Says Trump Is Not Racist [VIDEO]
- Even Robin Roberts Couldn’t Help Commenting On Omarosa & The White House [EXCLUSIVE]
- Black Santa Hired For The First Time At Mall Of America
In Memoriam: Celebrities We Lost In 2017
1. Mary Tyler Moore, 801 of 4
2. Lee “Q” O’Denat, 432 of 4
3. Bishop Eddie Long, 633 of 4
4. Roy Innis, 824 of 4
SOURCE: HNHH | IMAGE CREDIT: Getty