Once again, Trump’s White House is proving that they have serious issues with Black women.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Case in point: Veteran journalist April Ryan has not been invited to their annual Holiday party, despite having been a guest at this fête for the past twenty years under several different presidents.
The NAACP tweeted this news on Wednesday.
In an interview, Ryan told The Washington Post, “I don’t think I was overlooked. I think they don’t like me. For whatever reason, they have disdain for me.”
But she was also very clear: She’s not pressed.
“[Trump] has the right to invite whoever he wants. He chose not to invite me. I’m good.”
Clearly, her not being invited may have also had something to do with her recent tension with White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders. Just over Thanksgiving break, Sanders tweeted a picture of a pie that she claims she baked.
Ryan didn’t believe her and asked her to tweet a picture of it on her table.
This apparently got under Sanders skin. #Snowflake.
Notably, Ryan isn’t the only journalist who won’t be attending #45’s party. CNN, who Ryan also works for, announced that as an organization they have chosen to sit this year out.
But there’s a huge difference between making a choice to not attend an event after being invited and being dissed by the White House because they are afraid of a powerful Black woman who has the audacity to ask the tough questions.
No worries, April! You are most definitely invited to our holiday party. We’d love to have you!
- 2018 BET Awards [PHOTOS]
- Nipsey Hussle Delivered A Victory SLAP To Somebody At The BET Awards [VIDEO]
- Tisha Campbell-Martin Claims Estranged Husband Hid Money During Marriage
- Gary With Da Tea Talks About The Time He Was Fired From A Radio Station [EXCLUSIVE]
#WeWillPersist: 10 Black Women Who Deserve Their Own Monuments
1. Black Girls Rock!Source:Getty 1 of 11
2. Missy ElliottSource:Getty 2 of 11
3. Former First Lady Michelle ObamaSource:Getty 3 of 11
4. Congresswoman Maxine WatersSource:Getty 4 of 11
5. Harriet TubmanSource:GlobalGrind 5 of 11
6. Viola DavisSource:Getty 6 of 11
7. Ida Bell Wells-BarnettSource:Getty 7 of 11
8. Sojourner TruthSource:Getty 8 of 11
9. Serena WilliamsSource:Getty 9 of 11
10. Rosa ParksSource:Getty 10 of 11
11. Shirley ChisholmSource:Getty 11 of 11
April Ryan Not Invited To White House Holiday Party For First Time In 20 Years was originally published on hellobeautiful.com