It’s not a secret that President Trump lacks the empathy gene, but his tirade of Tweets on Saturday have taken his narcissism to a whole new level.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
While upset that his administration has been heavily criticized for their slow action to help Puerto Rico in the wake of Hurricane Maria, #45 took to Twitter to slam San Juan Mayor Carmen Yulín Cruz. He claims the relief effort is successful and that the people of PR just “want everything done for them.”
Yes, you read that correctly. A white president just accused people of color of being lazy and wanting a handout.
“The Mayor of San Juan, who was very complimentary only a few days ago, has now been told by the Democrats that you must be nasty to Trump,” the President tweeted from his lavish golf club in New Jersey, where he is spending the weekend.
“… Such poor leadership ability by the Mayor of San Juan, and others in Puerto Rico, who are not able to get their workers to help. They want everything to be done for them when it should be a community effort.”
Mayor Cruz defended herself from the President’s erroneous attacks on AM Joy with Joy Reid. Cruz was clear: “I don’t have time for distractions” because “I’m trying to save lives.
Others jumped in to defend Cruz and trash the President:
As we previously reported, since the hurricane hit the Caribbean last week the majority of the 3.5 million American citizens on the island of PR are living without clean water, electricity, cell phone service or reliable medical care. While Trump has been slow to act or acknowledge the devastation, on Thursday he finally issued a temporary 10-day waiver that would overturn an outdated federal statue from 1920 that regulates commerce and shipping between U.S. ports.
By bypassing this restriction, he is making it easier for much-needed aid to reach the island.
Apparently Trump’s previous refusal was explained by his claim that “lots of shippers” were against the action to lift the Jones restrictions.
How Rihanna Is More Presidential Than Donald Trump
1. Rihanna Arrives to the Elysee Palace in Paris to meet President Emmanuel Macron1 of 16
2. France's First Lady Brigitte Macron Receives Popstar Rihanna At The Elysee PalaceSource:Getty Images 2 of 16
3. Rihanna at the Elysee PalaceSource:Getty 3 of 16
4. First Lady of France Brigitte Macron and RihannaSource:Getty 4 of 16
5. France's First Lady Brigitte Macron escorts Rihanna inside Elysee PalaceSource:Getty 5 of 16
6. French President Emmanuel Macron and Rihanna6 of 16
7. French President Emmanuel Macron and Rihanna7 of 16
8. Rihanna Talks With The Press Regarding Her Talk With President Macron8 of 16
9. Rihanna with French press9 of 16
10. Rihanna Receives a Humanitarian Award from Harvard University10 of 16
11. Harvard Foundation Honors Rihanna As Humanitarian Of The YearSource:Getty 11 of 16
12. Rihanna Is Good With Kids12 of 16
13. She Shows All Kids Love13 of 16
14. Rihanna Plays With Ashad Khaled14 of 16
15. Rihanna For 202015 of 16
16. Rihanna For President16 of 16