Illinois Service Federal Savings & Loan Association is the last city’s last black-owned bank. Monday according to a post on Baller Alert the bank received a $20 million deposit from the city and this announcement was made by the Chicago City Treasurer Kurt Summers.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Over the past several months many have decided to put their money in more black-owned banks, especially after the police shooting unarmed black men. Illinois Service Federal Savings & Loan Association has been in the community since 1934 and made it through many struggles.
Summers said, “If we’re going to be serious about supporting those communities and supporting community banks and what they do for small businesses, we have to look for opportunities like this.” We hope that this raises awareness to more people about putting their money in black-owned banks and hope more city’s put money into them.
Things Invented By Black People
1. The Traffic Light1 of 13
2. Closed Circuit TV2 of 13
3. The Laser Cataract Surgey3 of 13
4. The Touch Tone Phone4 of 13
5. The Super Soaker5 of 13
6. 3-D Special Effects6 of 13
7. The Blood Bank7 of 13
8. The Refrigerated Truck8 of 13
9. Identifying Explosives Spot Test9 of 13
10. Illusion Transmitter10 of 13
11. Electret Microphone11 of 13
12. The First Clock12 of 13
13. The Worlds Fastest Computer13 of 13