Many people have decided to make Coke their beverage of choice this week following the epic fail of a Pepsi advertisement.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Pepsi tried to leverage current political unrest to promote their carbonated drink. In the ad, Kendell Jenner decides to leave her glamorous gig of modeling blond wigs to join a protest erupting outside. Towards the end of the protest, Jenner approaches a line of cops and she hands one of them a Pepsi. Instead of facing any sort of antagonism the cop receives the drink with a smile.
With the release of the ad, social media and many public figures erupted in anger. People accused Pepsi of making capitalizing off of people’s socio-political strife. Pepsi received the message and they’re pulling the ad from further distribution. In a statement posted by Wall Street Journal reporter Jennifer Maloney on Twitter, the company said, “Pepsi was trying to project a global message of unity, peace and understanding. Clearly we missed the mark, and we apologize. We did not intend to make light of any serious issue. We are removing the content and halting any further rollout.” You can read their statement for yourself below.
The Kendall Jenner-led advertisement appears to be gone from the Pepsi Twitter and Facebook page now. This could serve as a prime example of what happens when people speak up and speak out, even against big companies like Pepsi. People who are fighting for justice will not have their issues trivialized for a soda sale.
A Ton Of Stars Showed Up To Kendall Jenner's 20th Birthday Bash
1. Kendall JennerSource:Splash News 1 of 15
2. Miguel and girlfriend Nazanin Mandi.Source:Splash News 2 of 15
3. Kourtney and Khloe Kardashian.Source:Splash News 3 of 15
4. Kanye West.Source:Splash News 4 of 15
5. Nick Jonas.Source:Splash News 5 of 15
6. Kendall Jenner & friends.Source:Splash News 6 of 15
7. Kim K. & Kanye West.Source:Splash News 7 of 15
8. Kylie Jenner.Source:Splash News 8 of 15
9. Willow Smith.Source:Splash News 9 of 15
10. Tyga.Source:Splash News 10 of 15
11. Kris Jenner & Corey Gamble.Source:Splash News 11 of 15
12. Drake.Source:Splash News 12 of 15
13. Justin Bieber.Source:Splash News 13 of 15
14. Gigi Hadid.Source:Splash News 14 of 15
15. Ruby Rose.Source:Splash News 15 of 15
Pepsi Pulls Controversial Kendall Jenner Ad After Backlash was originally published on globalgrind.com