Five-time Olympic medalist Simone Biles isn’t going away just because the Rio Games are over: The 19-year-old gymnast will drop her first memoir in a few months.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
According to the Los Angeles Times, the book “Courage to Soar” will be released by Christian publisher Zondervan and was co-written by journalist Michelle Burford.
“I want people to reach for their dreams. If you’re willing to put in a lot of work, and if you’re focused and determined, you can go really far. There [are] so many people who have inspired me with their love and encouragement along the way — and I want to pass on that inspiration to readers,” Biles said in the publisher’s release.
“I feel honored to work with Zondervan. They publish so many great stories that inspire readers to live their lives with purpose,” she added.
On Ellen, the 4 feet, 9 inch gymnast explained the concept even further, saying that it’s “my life story and it’s coming from me so that people don’t read something on the internet and they’re a little bit unsure of it. So it’s about my life, a little bit about my family, and then how I got to where I am.”
Last month during the 2016 Rio Summer Games, the pint-sized Texan native was a global breakout star taking home five medals — four gold and one bronze — becoming the first female American gymnast to do so since Nastia Liukin in 2008, the LA Times noted. She was also the U.S.’s flag bearer at the Games’ closing ceremony.
Courage to Soar will be available on Nov. 15.
Congrats Simone! We can’t wait to read it!
Simone Biles’ Best Instagram Moments [PHOTOS]
1. Simone shows off her medalsSource:Instagram 1 of 32
2. Simone is hyped for her Saturday morning practiceSource:Instagram 2 of 32
3. But there’s still always school work to do…Source:Instagram 3 of 32
4. Just relaxin’Source:Instagram 4 of 32
5. The moment the US women’s gymnastics team became world championsSource:Instagram 5 of 32
6. That moment when Simone became the Female Olympic Athlete of the YearSource:Instagram 6 of 32
7. The perks of being sponsored by Coke…well almost. Simone says’s she’ll stick to water.Source:Instagram 7 of 32
8. Simone on set with Vogue MagazineSource:Instagram 8 of 32
9. Even Simone eats pizza too!Source:Instagram 9 of 32
10. Sister, sisterSource:Instagram 10 of 32
11. The US team at the 2016 Pac Rim ChampionshipsSource:Instagram 11 of 32
12. Simone goes tumbling over her protein powderSource:Instagram 12 of 32
13. How Simone spends Mother’s DaySource:Instagram 13 of 32
14. The last Team USA campfire before the OlympicsSource:Instagram 14 of 32
15. Beach day!Source:Instagram 15 of 32
16. They’re just so adorable…Source:Instagram 16 of 32
17. This is how Simone takes a rest daySource:Instagram 17 of 32
18. Breakfast of champions: Special KSource:Instagram 18 of 32
19. Simone kills it at the 2016 P+G ChampionshipsSource:Instagram 19 of 32
20. But there’s more work to do in the gym before RioSource:Instagram 20 of 32
21. Simone throws the first pitch for the Houston Astros in her signature styleSource:Instagram 21 of 32
22. The US Olympic team trials. We know what happened here!Source:Instagram 22 of 32
23. Simone shows just how strong she is by climbing the ropeSource:Instagram 23 of 32
24. The amount of tape a gymnast needs to compete at the OlympicsSource:Instagram 24 of 32
25. Behind the scenes are the 2016 Rio OlympicsSource:Instagram 25 of 32
26. #squadgoalsSource:Instagram 26 of 32
27. The US women’s gymnastics team showing off their national prideSource:Instagram 27 of 32
28. More patriotic leotards from the US women’s gymnastics teamSource:Instagram 28 of 32
29. Simone at the 2016 Rio OlympicsSource:Instagram 29 of 32
30. Simone called this picture “podium training”…these girls are coming for gold!Source:Instagram 30 of 32
31. Fun time out of the gym for the US women’s gymnastics teamSource:Instagram 31 of 32
32. Simone heads to qualifiers where she will smash the competitionSource:Instagram 32 of 32