This summer, Louisiana experience record flooding that displaced tens of thousands of people. While media coverage of the incident itself is an entirely different discussion, Rickey Smiley explains that he’s noticed the news intentionally shows Barack Obama playing golf, questioning why he’s not there, even though he has basically done everything in his power to help without getting in a boat and rescuing people himself.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
This leads Rickey to comment on the media trend of deliberately portraying black people badly; only reporting on negative news in the black community, and always choosing to portray black people in the worst light. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive clip from “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” live weekdays from 6-10am EST.
13 Photos You Won’t See Of Volunteers Cleaning Up The Streets Of Baltimore
1. People sweeping and cleaning up the area in front of the Check Cashing store that was looted Monday night after Freddie Gray’s funeral in Baltimore.Source:Getty 1 of 13
2. A worker from the local laundromat sits in the store following the riots in Baltimore.Source:Getty 2 of 13
3. People take part in cleaning up the wrecked buildings in Baltimore.Source:Getty 3 of 13
4. A security officer walks through a looted check cashing store in Baltimore.Source:Getty 4 of 13
5. Two men help move a door from a looted store in Baltimore.Source:Getty 5 of 13
6. A little girl helps clean up a looted CVS Pharmacy in Baltimore.Source:Getty 6 of 13
7. Women take part in recovering Baltimore by cleaning up the front of the local cash checking store.Source:Getty 7 of 13
8. Volunteers clean up the looted CVS in Baltimore.Source:Getty 8 of 13
9. More volunteers help clean a looted mall lot in Baltimore.Source:Getty 9 of 13
10. Friends and pedestrians help clean up a looted store in Baltimore.Source:Getty 10 of 13
11. A man takes a selfie with a National Guard Officer Tuesday morning as others help clean up the city.Source:Getty 11 of 13
12. Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake talks to civilians after Monday’s riots.Source:Getty 12 of 13
13. Congressman Elijah Cummings listens to people on the street Tuesday morning in Baltimore.Source:Getty 13 of 13