When Prince passed away so untimely this past April, the music world took a major hit. Fans from all different walks of life took to social media and even flooded the streets to celebrate the life of the legendary artists. Listeners to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” called in to express their shock at losing such a bright star so suddenly, as well as the joyful memories they have of Prince at concerts and other events.
The question that seems to be on the forefront of everyone’s mind, however, is this: is Prince’s death the end of an era of “real music?” Click on the audio player to hear the discussion now in this exclusive clip.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” live weekdays 6-10am EST.
Remembering Prince Through the Years
1. Prince1 of 15
2. Prince2 of 15
3. Fact: Prince was nicknamed "Skipper" as a kid.3 of 15
4. Prince rocking out on ABC's Good Morning America in June of 2006. (PR Photos)4 of 15
5. Fact: Prince was reportedly able to play 27 instruments5 of 15
6. Prince at the 2007 Vanity Fair Oscar Party in West Hollywood, CA. (PR Photos)6 of 15
7. Prince at The Bourne Ultimatum UK Premiere in Leicester Square in 2007. (PR Photos)7 of 15
8. Prince performs at London Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2008 in Eaton Square in London. (PR Photos)8 of 15
9. Prince performs in Chicago in 2011.9 of 15
10. Prince performs at London Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2008 in Eaton Square in London. (PR Photos)10 of 15
11. Prince at the 42nd NAACP Image Awards on March 4, 2011, in Los Angeles. (AP Photo)11 of 15
12. Wax Figure of Prince Unveiled at Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum in New York on January 16, 2009. (PR Photos)12 of 15
13. Prince was awarded with an "Icon Award" at the 2013 Billboard Music Awards. (AP)13 of 15
14. Fact: Prince played electric guitar on Madonna's "Like A Prayer." (Retna)14 of 15
15. Prince15 of 15