Jeff Johnson talks about why refusing to vote in the presidential election is not the most effective form of protest and shares his thoughts on Michael Jordan breaking his political silence on blackness and police brutality.
Plus, he explains how Michelle Obama showed us all what a real leader looks like with her phenomenal speech at the Democratic National Convention. He breaks down some of the strongest parts of the speech, in which she so eloquently says things that politicians and other DNC speakers are often too afraid to say. Click on the audio player to hear more in this edition of ‘3 Things You Should Know’ on “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” live weekdays 6-10am EST.
RELATED: What Michelle Obama Couldn’t Believe Until She Stepped Into The White House [EXCLUSIVE AUDIO]
RELATED: First Lady Michelle Obama: “I Exist Because I Have An Education” [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
RELATED: First Lady Michelle Obama Delivers Emotional & Powerful Speech Supporting Hillary Clinton [VIDEO & POLL]
Celebrities React To Michelle Obama’s Powerful DNC Speech
8 photos Launch gallery
1. Gabrielle Union was blown away by FLOTUS’s grace.
1 of 8
2. Lady Gaga shared her excitement.
2 of 8
3. Piers Morgan is here for another term of FLOTUS.
3 of 8
4. Jurnee Smollett got emotional.
4 of 8
5. Macklemore had goosebumps from the speech.
5 of 8
6. Well said, Larry King.
6 of 8
7. Janelle Monae was here for her First Lady.
7 of 8
8. Even President Barack Obama was blown away by his wife’s speech.
8 of 8