A Michigan family is demanding answers in the death of their 46-year-old daughter who died at a Michigan dentist’s office while getting her teeth pulled on Friday. April Walters, who was on an oxygen tank and suffered from diabetes, high blood pressure, sarcoidosis and other health issues, was approved for the minor surgery because of an infection Fox 2 New reported.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
So what happened?
According to Amber Waddell, Walters’ daughter, the medical assistant who was on site was concerned about Walters’ heart rate and suggested to the dentist that they wait, but the dentist said that they were “fine” as they proceeded removing 16 out 18 of her teeth before the dentist stopped and told Winters that she may need to go to the doctor. But the dentist left and came back “5-10” minutes later.
It’s unclear how Waddell knew this information.
Her Walters’ sister Crystal Cutright, who was in the waiting room, said as they tried to get her in the car, Walters expressed that she couldn’t breathe. Then, Cutright ran back into the dentist office asking for help, but no one knew CPR and could only offered oxygen tanks, Fox 3 noted.
“They didn’t do CPR or anything. They were just rubbing her chest,” Cutright said. Then according to Cutright, the dentist yelled, “I told you to take her to the hospital.” To which Cutright responded, “I have to get her in the car in order for that to happen.”
An ambulance was finally called, but Walters died on the scene. And of course those who loved her are devastated.
Waddell told the news she “doesn’t understand how [her mother] walked out happy and fine and just died all of a sudden” and that “a 46-year-old woman should not die in the parking lot of a dentist’s office.”
Meanwhile, the dentist who performed the procedure couldn’t be reached for comment, but Caroline Oldsey, a spokesperson for the dental office’s human resources department said, “We feel deeply for what happened. Our thoughts go out to them. Our thoughts and prayers are with them.”
It’s unknown if the family has hired a lawyer or if the police are investigating Walters’ death.
Dental horror stories have been more common the news as of late. Last month, 4-year-old, Nevaeh Bell suffered brain damage after a routine visit to get some decay removed which led to numerous seizures and this week an Indiana man claims that after going to get four teeth pulled, he woke up and all of his teeth were gone and his clothes were missing.
In Memoriam: Celebrities We Lost In 2016
1. Debbie Reynolds, 84Source:Getty 1 of 39
2. Carrie Fisher, 60Source:Getty 2 of 39
3. George Michael, 53Source:Getty 3 of 39
4. Alan Thicke, 69Source:Getty 4 of 39
5. John Glenn, 95Source:Getty 5 of 39
6. Ron Glass, 71Source:Getty 6 of 39
7. Fidel Castro, 90Source:Getty 7 of 39
8. Colonel Abrams, 67Source:Getty 8 of 39
9. Florence Henderson, 82Source:Getty 9 of 39
10. Sharon Jones, 60Source:Getty 10 of 39
11. Gwen Ifill, 61Source:Getty 11 of 39
12. Leonard Cohen, 82Source:Getty 12 of 39
13. Gene Wilder, 83Source:Getty 13 of 39
14. John McLaughlin, 89Source:Getty 14 of 39
15. Gary Marshall, 81Source:Getty 15 of 39
16. Bernie Worrell, 72Source:Getty 16 of 39
17. Christina Grimmie, 22Source:Getty 17 of 39
18. Muhammad Ali, 74Source:Getty 18 of 39
19. Morley Safer, 84Source:Getty 19 of 39
20. Prince, 57Source:Getty 20 of 39
21. David Gest, 62Source:Getty 21 of 39
22. Phife Dawg, 45Source:Getty 22 of 39
23. Daryl Coley, 60Source:Getty 23 of 39
24. Bob Adelman, 85Source:Getty 24 of 39
25. Gil Hill, 84Source:Paramount Pictures - © 1984 25 of 39
26. Tony Burton, 78Source:Getty 26 of 39
27. Vanity, 57Source:Getty 27 of 39
28. Maurice White, 74Source:Getty 28 of 39
29. Abe Vigoda, 94Source:Getty 29 of 39
30. Natalie Cole, 65Source:Getty 30 of 39
31. David Bowie, 69Source:Getty 31 of 39
32. Nicholas Caldwell, 71Source:Getty 32 of 39
33. Monford "Monte" Merrill Irvin, 96Source:Getty 33 of 39
34. Glenn Frey, 67Source:Getty 34 of 39
35. Rene Angelil, 73Source:Getty 35 of 39
36. Robert Stigwood, 81Source:Getty 36 of 39
37. Otis Clay, 73Source:Getty 37 of 39
38. Dan Haggerty, 74Source:Getty 38 of 39
39. Alan Rickman, 69Source:Getty 39 of 39
Family Wants To Know Why Woman Died In Dentist’s Parking Lot After Procedure was originally published on hellobeautiful.com