On a recent episode of The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, host Stephen Colbert got schooled on what white privilege really is.
Stephen, who has been regarded as the whitest person alive by Henry Louis Gates, had Black Lives Matter activist DeRay Mckesson on the show to talk about the movement and what exactly being “woke” really means.
The two talked about everything from Beyoncé to the counter-movement All Lives Matter.
More importantly, DeRay went into detail about his new movement Campaign Zero: A ten-point plan to end police violence that covers everything from police wearing body cameras to new police union contracts.
They also spoke about Stephen’s extreme wealth and status, and the two decided to switch seats to really “dismantle” the host’s white privilege.
Although the topic is a very serious issue, both DeRay and Stephen were able to jokingly help Stephen figure out the best methods to stay woke.
We have to give props to Stephen for addressing and accepting his white privilege, but also, trying to use his status to evoke change.
Watch the interview up top.
16 Millennials To Watch In 2016
1. Evan Spiegel: Snapchat Co-Founder & CEOSource:Getty 1 of 15
2. Priyanka Chopra: Actress, Singer, & Miss World 2000Source:Getty 2 of 15
3. Adele: Soul-crushing Singer-SongwriterSource:Getty 3 of 15
4. Trevor Noah: Comedian & The Daily Show HostSource:Getty 4 of 15
5. Metro Boomin: Producer & SongwriterSource:Getty 5 of 15
6. Selena Gomez: Singer & ActressSource:Splash News 6 of 15
7. Malala Yousafzai: Activist & EducatorSource:Getty 7 of 15
8. Aziz Ansari: Actor, Comedian, & WriterSource:Getty 8 of 15
9. Amy schumer: Comedian, Actress, & WriterSource:Mark Seliger for GQ 9 of 15
10. Michael B(ae). Jordan: ActorSource:Splash News 10 of 15
11. Drake: Rapper, Singer, Actor, & SongwriterSource:Getty 11 of 15
12. Kendall Jenner: ModelSource:Splash News 12 of 15
13. Kehlani: Singer-SongwriterSource:Getty 13 of 15
14. Misty Copeland: Ballet ExtraordinaireSource:Provided By Darren Thomas, QPAC 14 of 15
15. Zendaya Coleman: Actress, Model, & SIngerSource:Splash News 15 of 15
SOURCE: Vulture | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty