Thank you for subscribing! Please be sure to open and click your first newsletter so we can confirm your subscription.
The Ooltewah High School players were charged Monday; the incident occurred last week at a rental cabin.
Staff at LeConte Medical Center called officers December 23 after a young man who had been assaulted was brought there by his basketball coach. He was then sent to the University of Tennessee Medical Center in Knoxville, where he underwent surgery due to his extensive injuries, notedFox News.
Jesse Nayadley, the school’s Athletic Director, told the Chattanoogan that the three accused players have been kicked off the team.
The outlet also reported that an unnamed relative of the victim said, “He had to undergo emergency surgery [in Knoxville], as his colon and bladder were ruptured. He is still in the hospital recovering at this time.”
The relative said he is expected to recover within two-three months, but is suffering from nightmares and even thought he’d die as a result of the assault.
All parties are minors and have been charged as juveniles.
1. 2014: Michael Brown’s lifeless body was left in the streets of Ferguson for more than four hours after he was killed by Officer Darren Wilson on August 9.
1 of 14
2. 2015: Tyrone Harris, 18, was shot in Ferguson Sunday night by police for allegedly attacking them with a firearm. He remains in critical condition and is facing four charges of first-degree assault on law enforcement, five counts of armed criminal action, and one count of discharging a firearm at a motor vehicle.
2 of 14
3. 2014: Unrest in Ferguson plagued the city after police officers clashed with protesters.
3 of 14
4. 2015: Police stand to maintain the crowd after shots rang out on the anniversary of Mike Brown’s death.
4 of 14
5. 2014: An unarmed protester was approached by police during protests in Ferguson. The image became one of the most memorable of the city’s uprising.
5 of 14
6. 2015: A woman stands before police with her hands up in the air.
6 of 14
7. 2014: After the shooting of Mike Brown and the death of Eric Garner, unrest continued to rise in Ferguson. After it was determined that Darren Wilson would not be indicted in the fatal shooting of the teen, protesters took to the streets.
7 of 14
8. 2015: Since the death of Brown, over 100 men, women, and children of color have been killed by police. Worldwide protests have continued advocating for better training for police officers.
8 of 14
9. 2014: A woman hit with pepper spray is doused with milk. Ferguson police issued curfews for protesters after incidents of arson and looting occurred during peaceful protests in the city.
9 of 14
10. 2015: A year later, protesters say they too were hit with tear gas while protesting in the streets.
10 of 14
11. 2014: The National Guard was called into Ferguson to “control” protests.
11 of 14
12. 2015: A teen is caught in the crossfire during a shooting that took place in Ferguson on the anniversary of Mike Brown’s death.
12 of 14
13. 2014: Army tanks filled the streets of Ferguson after protests turned violent in the city.
13 of 14
14. 2015: St. Louis police with army gear arrive in Ferguson Sunday night.
14 of 14
Continue reading Photographic Proof Not Much Has Changed In Ferguson Since Michael Brown’s Death
Photographic Proof Not Much Has Changed In Ferguson Since Michael Brown’s Death