Everyone was in the holiday spirit this year, including some of NYPD’s finest who pulled over unsuspecting families to deliver Christmas presents to their children.
After Bronx’s 47 Precinct received an overwhelming supply of Christmas donations, a group of officers used their routes to bring presents to children in the neighborhood on Christmas Eve. Many of the families were genuinely confused as the officer tells them it’s illegal to drive in the city with children…without giving them presents, of course.
The gesture didn’t stop on the road. The officers also handed out toys to kids on the streets. Parents and children shared their thoughts on the random act of kindness with NY1.
“I as nervous a little,” one driver said. “I know my paperwork is good for the car. I was like, ‘What’s going on?’ But I really appreciate you guys coming out to the community and showing your support.”
“I was like, ‘Oh my God, what the hell did I do wrong?’” one woman said. “But I think this is a really nice gesture, especially with everything that’s been going on.”
“It’s very awesome,” one child said.
Capt. John Orellana, one of the officers who participated in the giveaway, explained they wanted to do something good for the neighborhood. The precinct also kept their doors open to any children who didn’t receive gifts on Christmas.
Thousands Protest During #MillionsMarchNYC Against Police Brutality
1. Thousands march together on their way to the NYPD headquarters.Source:Twitter 1 of 17
2. Thousands gather near the NYPD headquarters.Source:Twitter 2 of 17
3. A protester holds up a sign to stop police brutality.Source:Splash 3 of 17
4. Kevin Liles, Russell Simmons, and Nas help lead the march in NYC.Source:Instagram 4 of 17
5. Protestors march up 5th Avenue.Source:Twitter 5 of 17
6. Thousands gather in Washington Square Park before marching uptown.Source:Instagram 6 of 17
7. Protestors lead by holding up a 'Black Lives Matter' banner.Source:Twitter 7 of 17
8. Picketed versions of the victims of police brutality are held up during the march.Source:Twitter 8 of 17
9. The Brooklyn Bridge gets shut down by protestors.Source:Twitter 9 of 17
10. A protestor holds up a focused 'We Demand Justice' signSource:Instagram 10 of 17
11. Santa Con participants face the interrupting protests happening through the streets.Source:Twitter 11 of 17
12. An artist participates in the protest through creative expression.Source:Splash 12 of 17
13. Thousands of different ethnicities and ages come together for the protests.13 of 17
14. Thousands gather in Washington Square Park before the march.Source:Instagram 14 of 17
15. A protestor marches while in chains.Source:Twitter 15 of 17
16. Thousands march up 5th Avenue.Source:Twitter 16 of 17
17. Thousands march up 5th Avenue towards Union Square.Source:Twitter 17 of 17
NYPD Officers Deliver Christmas Presents To Children During Traffic Stops [VIDEO] was originally published on newsone.com