The neo-soul singer hosted the 2015 Soul Train Awards, where she took a shot at the Australian artist by saying that “what you’re doing is definitely not rap.”
Since then, Iggy broke her own social media silence to address her comments, and now, a week later, Erykah has issued an apology.
While doing a Q&A on her Twitter, responding to fans with live videos, the singer apologized to Iggy, which she said was strictly because her daughters are big fans of hers.
She said in the video, “I want to do this for my daughters. I want to apologize to Iggy Azalea because she’s one of their favorite artists and they listen to her all the time and it’s for them.”
The apology video was also a bit strange, since she ended it by telling her daughters that if they admired Iggy so much, they should go be with her then. She even ranted about attending their parent-teacher conferences, stating, “Where’s Iggy for that?”
After getting word of her apology, Iggy accepted, and even offered Erykah’s daughters to her next tour if they kept their grades up.
She wrote, “Tell the kids I’m a big fan of mom, even if we don’t agree where to file my music in their iTunes folders. I’m gonna announce a new tour soon, If they do great in class there is officially an open invitation extended to them and friends with good report cards to come and enjoy a show anytime. I am 100% a woman of my word, and I appreciate the apology.”
What are your thoughts on Erykah’s apology and Iggy’s response?
Erykah Badu's Most Outrageous Outfits
1. Bold accessories can turn overalls into a unique look.1 of 16
2. Matching is for losers.2 of 16
3. An extra-tall hat and a coat to match.3 of 16
4. Making sweats look cool on 106 & Park.4 of 16
5. She wore headphones as an accessory before everyone did.5 of 16
6. She also did denim on denim before it was cool.6 of 16
7. She'll rock kicks on the red carpet.7 of 16
8. All yellow everything.8 of 16
9. Known to pull a cowboy hat out of her collection.9 of 16
10. Another interesting hat.10 of 16
11. That time she rocked destroyed jeans and a muscle tee at the Grammys.11 of 16
12. When she made feathers a fashion statement.12 of 16
13. The bag lady.13 of 16
14. She's never afraid to take hair risks.14 of 16
15. She was a vibrant stand-out at the Academy Awards.15 of 16
16. Only Erykah Badu can make a colorful windbreaker look this cool.16 of 16
VIDEO CREDIT: Twitter
Erykah Badu Apologizes To Iggy Azalea In Twitter Video, Iggy Responds With An Offer [VIDEO] was originally published on globalgrind.com