Well, it’s not really beef, but Iggy Azalea did become relevant again after Erykah Badu made a joke in her expense at the Soul Train Music Awards. Azalea broke her silence to respond on Twitter, so of course Badu had to have a comeback.
Badu had an #AskBadu session today, and it wasn’t nearly as disastrous as #AskCosby or #AskRKelly. She instead closed out the “beef” with a closing joke when a fan asked her about Azalea.
“I want to do this, for my daughters,” Badu says in a Twitter video. “I want to apologize to Iggy Azalea because she’s one of their favorite artists. And they listen to her all the time. It’s for them. But when I really think about it, if y’all love her so much, why don’t y’all go be with her then? Go on be with her, y’all.”
Queen of Neo Soul. Queen of Petty.
Erykah Badu's Most Outrageous Outfits
1. Matching is for losers.Source:Getty 1 of 14
2. An extra-tall hat and a coat to match.Source:Getty 2 of 14
3. Making sweats look cool on 106 & Park.Source:Getty 3 of 14
4. She wore headphones as an accessory before everyone did.Source:Getty 4 of 14
5. She also did denim on denim before it was cool.Source:Getty 5 of 14
6. She'll rock kicks on the red carpet.Source:Getty 6 of 14
7. All yellow everything.Source:Getty 7 of 14
8. Known to pull a cowboy hat out of her collection.Source:Getty 8 of 14
9. Another interesting hat.Source:Getty 9 of 14
10. When she made feathers a fashion statement.Source:Getty 10 of 14
11. The bag lady.Source:Getty 11 of 14
12. She's never afraid to take hair risks.Source:Getty 12 of 14
13. She was a vibrant stand-out at the Academy Awards.Source:Getty 13 of 14
14. Only Erykah Badu can make a colorful windbreaker look this cool.Source:Getty 14 of 14
MORE LINKS ON THE URBAN DAILY
Erykah Badu Disses Iggy Azalea At The Soul Train Awards