It was the graduation present of a lifetim when a military mom surprised her son as he received his high school diploma.
Steven Turner Jr. hadn’t seen his mother since at least October, when she was deployed to Guantanamo Bay, Cuba for a nine-month assignment. There was no way she was going to miss this moment, though.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
AL.com reports that Petty Officer 2nd Class Vera Turner made sure that she made it to Tuscaloosa, Alabama on Saturday to see her son graduate. Just as he was crossing the stage, she popped up on the other end to give the 16-year-old student lots of love.
Forgetting all about his cap and nearly dropping his diploma, Steven gave his mom the tightest hug ever…and our emotions have been melted for the rest of the day after seeing this. It was such a touching moment, even administrators had to shed a tear.
While the school knew about her surprise appearance, her husband and other kids had no clue she was going to show up.
Excuse us while we go find some tissues!
2015 Mother's Day Round Up: Beyonce, The Kardashians, Rihanna, & More
15 photos Launch gallery
1. 😍- Khloe
1 of 15
2. happy Mother's Day to my twin! - Tyga
2 of 15
3. Happy Mother's Day to the mother of my daughters for giving birth to the most perfect daughters a man could have #hustleforyourlastnamenotyourfirst #InvestInWomen - Dame Dash
3 of 15
4. @callmepumpkin happy Mother's Day! You're a great mother and a great friend! Thank you for everything. Love you. have a great day - Diddy
4 of 15
5. @misahylton happy Mother's Day! May God continue to bless you! Thank you for being a great mother! Love you - Diddy
5 of 15
6. Happy MOTHER's DAY @ladykp I thank God for you! I love YOU! -- Diddy
6 of 15
7. Happy Mothers Day To The Most Amazing Woman in the world!!! When I look back over my life there was never a time that YOU weren't there❤️helping me, molding me, caring for me, standing beside and behind me & praying for me!! Nana you are Everything To Me...and as yall see she remains a LADY no matter what is going on LOL !! #HerTwoStepIsSoDainty #LaiyahTurntTho #ThreeGenerationMotherDaughtershoot @prayinggran - Monica
7 of 15
8. I feel so blessed that my daughter gets to grow up knowing my amazing beautiful grand mother. Life is all about memories so take lots of pics and cherish all of the good memories! #HappyMothersDay - Kim K
8 of 15
9. The best thing in life is free and it's right here. Happy Mother's Day! --Scott Disick
9 of 15
10. Throwback to December at the Grizz game with my Mom and her Mom!! #HappyMothersDay to ALL of the Mommies out there!! You DA REAL MVPs EVERY DAY!! -- Justin Timberlake
10 of 15
11. #mama ❤️ - Zoe Kravitz
11 of 15
12. ❤️ -- Zoe Kravitz
12 of 15
13. Life Is What You Make Of It. I Choose Happiness, and To Be The Best Woman and Mom I Can Be! #HappyMothersDay -- Ciara
13 of 15
14. Happy Mother's Day to the woman who taught me that anything Is possible with hard work, and never doubted me for a second. I love you @tinashemomma -- Tinashe
14 of 15
15. -- Kelly Rowland
15 of 15