It was the graduation present of a lifetim when a military mom surprised her son as he received his high school diploma.
Steven Turner Jr. hadn’t seen his mother since at least October, when she was deployed to Guantanamo Bay, Cuba for a nine-month assignment. There was no way she was going to miss this moment, though.
AL.com reports that Petty Officer 2nd Class Vera Turner made sure that she made it to Tuscaloosa, Alabama on Saturday to see her son graduate. Just as he was crossing the stage, she popped up on the other end to give the 16-year-old student lots of love.
Forgetting all about his cap and nearly dropping his diploma, Steven gave his mom the tightest hug ever…and our emotions have been melted for the rest of the day after seeing this. It was such a touching moment, even administrators had to shed a tear.
While the school knew about her surprise appearance, her husband and other kids had no clue she was going to show up.
Excuse us while we go find some tissues!
2015 Mother's Day Round Up: Beyonce, The Kardashians, Rihanna, & More
1. 😍- KhloeSource:Instagram 1 of 12
2. happy Mother's Day to my twin! - TygaSource:Instagram 2 of 12
3. Happy Mother's Day to the mother of my daughters for giving birth to the most perfect daughters a man could have #hustleforyourlastnamenotyourfirst #InvestInWomen - Dame DashSource:Instagram 3 of 12
4. @misahylton happy Mother's Day! May God continue to bless you! Thank you for being a great mother! Love you - DiddySource:Instagram 4 of 12
5. Happy MOTHER's DAY @ladykp I thank God for you! I love YOU! -- DiddySource:Instagram 5 of 12
6. I feel so blessed that my daughter gets to grow up knowing my amazing beautiful grand mother. Life is all about memories so take lots of pics and cherish all of the good memories! #HappyMothersDay - Kim KSource:Instagram 6 of 12
7. The best thing in life is free and it's right here. Happy Mother's Day! --Scott DisickSource:Instagram 7 of 12
8. #mama ❤️ - Zoe KravitzSource:Instagram 8 of 12
9. ❤️ -- Zoe KravitzSource:Instagram 9 of 12
10. Life Is What You Make Of It. I Choose Happiness, and To Be The Best Woman and Mom I Can Be! #HappyMothersDay -- CiaraSource:Instagram 10 of 12
11. Happy Mother's Day to the woman who taught me that anything Is possible with hard work, and never doubted me for a second. I love you @tinashemomma -- TinasheSource:Instagram 11 of 12
12. -- Kelly RowlandSource:Instagram 12 of 12
Military Mom Surprises Son At His High School Graduation! [VIDEO] was originally published on hellobeautiful.com